The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Mikko Koivu out 4 weeks

Seems about right, year before lockout they started dropping games left and right at this time. It's also time for the Leafs annual free-fall

I'm looking forward to the latter, but the Wild dropping us helps us more. I'm hoping we don't have to make it as a wildcare team though, it'd be nice to be top four in our division.

Oh well - Wild are a year or two from being a true cup competitor anyways. This just gives them a better draft pick in the meantime.

a lot will depend on how much room they get for UFA along with not having Heater and Parrish on the books (yes, the Wild still have almost $1mil on the books for buying out Mark Parrish several years ago.) With those two off the books, it's like $8-9mill plus whatever the cap goes up.

And then we have to look at the goalie situation... Backs is a "back-up" at this point, and Harding is still dealing with his meds (which is a shame.) After that, there really isn't a goalie prospect that is giving me the "warm fuzzy" about his future.

Back on topic...

yeah, it blows that both Koivu and ZP are out right now. Time to see what the "kids" are made up of now. So far a SO victory over the Kings is a good start on the road.

Oh well - Wild are a year or two from being a true cup competitor anyways. This just gives them a better draft pick in the meantime.

Wild were supposed to compete for the NW division last year and we all know how that ended up. In 2011-12 they had the best record and then choked like a Jean Chretien victim. I'm not to worried about that joke franchise.

Archived