The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Logan Couture out 3-4 weeks

Sharks' Couture to miss 3-4 weeks; Olympics in question:

Steve Yzerman and Team Canada brass have a big decision to make.

Sources tell TSN Hockey Insider Pierre LeBrun of ESPN.com San Jose Sharks centre Logan Couture will undergo surgery on his injured hand and is expected to miss 3-4 weeks..

The expected recovery time means the Olympics are still a possibility for the 24-year-old, but they are of course now in question as well.

In 43 games with the Sharks this season, Couture has 14 goals and 34 points.

The former first-round pick was projected by the TSN Hockey Insiders to make Canada's final Olympics roster, which will be announced on Tuesday.

http://www.tsn.ca/olympics/story/?id=440579

He's a great player...but if this means Benn, Neal, or Skinner make it I can't say I'm unhappy

I like all 3 of those player's game more than Couture's

Same here, I'd definitely rather have any of those than Couture. Could be a blessing in disguise. I'd even take Kunitz to play with Sid rather than LC.

Same here, I'd definitely rather have any of those than Couture. Could be a blessing in disguise. I'd even take Kunitz to play with Sid rather than LC.

What are you talking about? I don't like Couture as a Canuck fan but he brings a lot to team Canada that Kunitz ever could, faceoffs D play, pk, pp plus he can dive as good as the Euros.

Big loss for your hockey pool?? yikes he is in one of mine and he has what 3 goals in last 15??

Still has 35 points, but yeah, I meant more cumulatively on my team as I've lost 2 guys this week to LTIR, and now have 3 on LTIR altogether.

Archived