The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Super Awesome Hockey Pool [FULL] (Standings Updated - Jan 23)

BananaMash

I'm only making this a thread because our PM wouldn't hold everyone, mods please don't lock this

Super Awesome AHL Hockey Pool Based On A Simulated Fantasy Hockey League

SAAHPBOASFHL

Anyone who isn't part of that league should probably just leave, this hockey "pool" isn't serious, it's a joke more than anything.

Teams

The Zimbabwe Zoidbergs: Lax [AGM: Kaz]

The Nigeria Nuggets: Toews

Team Gmen: Gmen

SinCosTan: Spoderman

Team Lulz: *VC*

The Christopher Mintz Plasses: Gally

The Horny Crawdads: Mash [AGM: 100% Ace (Form)]

(Snake Draft)

You need 6 forwards (I don't care about their position), 4 defense-men, and a single goaltender. Please post what NHL team the AHLer is associated with when selecting him so I can add it to the spreadsheet, and therefor find them easily when I am scoring, because I'm quite lazy. The scoring system is below, but obviously this only applies to AHL points. NHL points/wins do not count.

AHL Playoff Points do count towards your final score. There are several drop dates throughout the season to best posture your team for success.

Lazy Scoring System™

Forwards and Defense

Goal - 2 Points

Assist - 1 Point

Goaltenders

Win - 2 Points

Shutout - 4 Points

Dropping/Adding Players (Updated)

There are now four dropping points throughout the season (updated from the previous two dropping points), the first three drop points are at 20, 40, and 60 games (roughly), with the final drop point being at the and of the regular season prior to the start of the playoffs. This allows you to drop any one player of your choosing, and replace him with an unclaimed player. The drop/claim order is done in reverse order of the standings. Forwards must be replaced by forwards, defense by defense, and goalie by goalie.

Draft/Drop Spreadsheet

https://docs.google....RlE&usp=sharing

Pool Prize Pot

The Zimbabwe Zoidbergs: Lax (WPG) - 2016 Ottawa 5th Round Pick

The Nigeria Nuggets: Toews (DAL) - 2016 Dallas 5th Round Pick

Team Gmen: Gmen (FLA) - 2016 Florida 5th Round Pick

SinCosTan: Spoderman (ANA) - 2016 Anaheim 5th Round Pick

Team Lulz: *VC* (TBL) - 2016 Detroit 5th Round Pick

The Christopher Mintz Plasses: Gally (CAR) - 2016 Carolina 5th Round Pick

The Horny Crawdads: Mash (PHX) - 2016 St. Louis 5th Round Pick

Winner Receives: 2016 Ottawa 5th Round Pick, 2016 Anaheim 5th Round Pick, 2015 Carolina 5th Round PIck, 2016 St. Louis 5th Round Pick, 2016 Florida 5th Round Pick, 2016 Dallas 5th Round Pick, 2016 Detroit 5th Round Pick.

Don't worry about keeping track of what positions you've taken, I'm keeping note of it all and will post what you have at the end of each round (with my pick, since I pick last).

This isn't a snake draft either because I'm a jerk.

Okay, due to complaing on tinychat from you scrubs, snake draft.

Gmen it's your pick.

Don't worry about keeping track of what positions you've taken, I'm keeping note of it all and will post what you have at the end of each round (with my pick, since I pick last).

This isn't a snake draft either because I'm a jerk.

Okay, due to Gully complaing on tinychat from you scrubs, snake draft.

Fixed imo

Archived