The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

WIND Mobility

Rockeh

Hey guys,

Just curious if there's any CDCers currently with WIND Mobile? In particular, those who live in the Abbotsford/Chilliwack area?

I'm looking to drop Telus after 6 years of loyal service as their retentions suck and aren't doing so well with giving me some sort of deal. It's ridiculous to have to pay $30 for 1 GB of data on a smartphone plan.

Cheers!

I never really have a problem with data. It's decent enough that I was still able to play League of Legends via hotspot when my regular internet was down. Nothing spectacular, but it gets the job done.

I'm usually just in Vancouver/Burnaby/Richmond and the signal is decent whenever I'm out and about. It's usually when I'm within a parking lot, certain spots in the mall or in an office tower the signal gets weak or non-existent.

That being said, I still get clear signal when I'm on the North Shore mountain for skiing.

im with wind mobile in Windsor Ontario. outside of the city service is spotty but I live and work in the city so its not a problem. data is fast. I initially switched from telus where my bill renege from 78-100 every month.

now my bill its 43.67 EVERY SINGLE MONTH.

the customer service is great. I can't see me switching any time soon.

Everything that I've heard is that once you get out of the Van/Burnaby etc core reception gets worse and worse the further you head out to the burbs. If you live in low lying areas it's supposed to be even worse.

I was looking int to them too but the consensus at that time was that unless you spend the majority of your time in that core area, they aren't really a feasible alternative.

Archived