The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

8 Canucks in Olympics

avelanch

Lot's of our players to cheer for in this year's olympics.

Canada

Roberto Luongo

Dan Hamhuis

USA

Ryan Kesler

Sweden

Daniel Sedin

Henrik Sedin

Alex Edler

Switzerland

Yannick Weber

Latvia

Ronalds Kenins (22 yr old prospect we signed this past summer playing in the Swiss League)

Here are how the groups stack up for the preliminary rounds at the olympics:

Group A

Group B

Group C

group C has, far and away, the most canucks representation, but we have easy choices of teams to cheer for in groups A and B (USA and Canada, respectively)

I hope all of our players/prospect do well, but of course, canada will take it all. ;)

I'll cheer for Slovakia over USA. I hope Kesler plays well, but as a team, I see USA in the same light as Boston and Chicago.

Slovakia was the most exciting team in Vancouver 2010 in my opinion. Demitra was far and away their MVP and they upset some great teams in that tournament. Hell they were seconds away from sudden death against Canada and the Fins had just snagged them from the bronze.

Or he is and the people here who've done little more than just watch hockey on tv are wrong.

Someone who constantly gets beat 1 on 1 shouldn't be on an Olympic team. Hedman should have made it over Edler. Edler has a mere 9 points in 27 games and is a -12 on a WINNING team. That's just god awful, no one can deny that. But that's jus my unbiased opinion.

Someone who constantly gets beat 1 on 1 shouldn't be on an Olympic team. Hedman should have made it over Edler. Edler has a mere 9 points in 27 games and is a -12 on a WINNING team. That's just god awful, no one can deny that. But that's jus my unbiased opinion.

I would say it's your uninformed opinion based on the informed opinion of those who chose him for the team.

Every year there is a whipping boy and the weak minded flock to them and trash them. Welcome to the club.

More like someone who`s having a hard time adjusting under a new coaching staff

unbiased opinion? from you? that's a bigger shocker than Bobby ryan not making the usa team

Archived