The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[proposal] trades that actually make sense

There are a lot of trade proposals on here that just don't make sense. Some are "wish lists" and some are just silly.

If the Canucks do make a trade, they need to make lateral moves (player for player). They can not look to improve by trading draft picks, they need to rebuild their youth.

2 trades that I think could work are:

First- to van: Setoguci To Winnipeg: Booth + $1.5 mill

Setoguci makes $3 mill this year and is a FA at the end of the year. Put him on the Sedin line. He's a R hand shot, decent size and speed and has proven to score with a elite passer. Worst case scenario he moves to the 2ns line with santorelli and Higgins and kesler moves to the Sedins. .. $3 mill for 1 season is a good price to take a flyer for Booth

Second trade: to wash: Alex Edler To van: John Carlson

Both put up similar numbers. Basically trading a L handed Dman for a R handed Dman. Carlson and Garrison would be a great pp duo. I just believe that Edlers time here is over. He is good but needs a change.

Forgot to put my line up on

Sedin sedin setoguci

Higgins kesler santorelli

Burrows Richardson Hansen

Sestito dalpe kassian

Setoguci would be a great add but I can't see Winnipeg doing that for your proposal. We'd have to add to that. They're basically just swapping players and then have Booth for an extra year.

If Hank really is Injured he will be out awhile meaning we need to find us a center for reasonable instead of a RW

It will be too hard to find a C I'd think. With what we have right now, we could manage at least 15-20 games barring injury. Plus I wouldn't trade for a rental. We will most likely have Horvat next year

If hank is hurt, they could go

Daniel kesler Hansen

Higgins Santorelli Booth

Kassian Richardson Weise

Sestito Dalpe Archibald

Is it ideal??? Absolutely not, but the C position seems to be the least of our worries IMO

If Hank really is Injured he will be out awhile meaning we need to find us a center for reasonable instead of a RW

It will be too hard to find a C I'd think. With what we have right now, we could manage at least 15-20 games barring injury. Plus I wouldn't trade for a rental. We will most likely have Horvat next year

If hank is hurt, they could go

Daniel kesler Hansen

Higgins Santorelli Booth

Kassian Richardson Weise

Sestito Dalpe Archibald

Is it ideal??? Absolutely not, but the C position seems to be the least of our worries IMO

As far and Centers go there are plenty that can play both Center and Wing(see Marleau,Carter,M.Richards,Kesler,etc)...May be worth looking for more that kinda player and ya not a rental but that is the need more then a winger...Need the depth in that kind of area

P.S. Not saying we should get those guys just somebody like them in that regard

As far and Centers go there are plenty that can play both Center and Wing(see Marleau,Carter,M.Richards,Kesler,etc)...May be worth looking for more that kinda player and ya not a rental but that is the need more then a winger...Need the depth in that kind of area

P.S. Not saying we should get those guys just somebody like them in that regard

But how would you make that trade with this roster nhl or ahl. The canucks have zero depth to make typical hockey trades. Now they can trade picks but that's a stupid idea giving how poor the depth this team is. I get that a C can play wing, but how can you trade for one? You can't with out current dilemma

But how would you make that trade with this roster nhl or ahl. The canucks have zero depth to make typical hockey trades. Now they can trade picks but that's a stupid idea giving how poor the depth this team is. I get that a C can play wing, but how can you trade for one? You can't with out current dilemma

Its the same as any trade if another team has a need and that's a spare then we are good..Why would Winnipeg be after Booth and his contract? It all has to be looked at and considered If Ottawa falls could make a run at Turris...Edmonton depending Gagner, Nashville Gaustad, etc etc...Its not like im saying we go after an allstar just a guy that can play with some intensity that can fill holes we have and those are the guys that can be picked up with low cost

P.S. Again using those players as examples there is a lot that can fit the roles we have available

What is wrong with Booths contract? He's got 1/2 a year left right now so approx $2.25 for this year and 1 year at $4.5. If the canucks took back $1.5 of next years, it goes down to $3 mill and the aquilinis save $3 mill on a buy out. If people are willing to take a $3 mill flyer on Heatly, why wouldn't any other team do the same with Booth?

What is wrong with Booths contract? He's got 1/2 a year left right now so approx $2.25 for this year and 1 year at $4.5. If the canucks took back $1.5 of next years, it goes down to $3 mill and the aquilinis save $3 mill on a buy out. If people are willing to take a $3 mill flyer on Heatly, why wouldn't any other team do the same with Booth?

Why would we want that cap space? In his current form hes worth less then 2mil and really going to compare him to Heatly? This is a bad year for him and he still has more finish then Booth and ontop of it still would have to add to get Setoguchi 7 goals 20 assists in 44 games vs Booth 5 goals 5 assists 32 games

The over and undervaluating of players by Canuck fans can be quite overwhelming at times. I get that in the last year and a half that Booth hasn't been our saviour and hasn't been good at all. But when he got here he was a steal. Now we say he's not worth $2 mill. Yet somehow Burriws (0 goals in 14 games) at $4 mill a year is great trade bait to being us whatever.

If we were to get Boith through a trade today at $3 mill for 1 year, we including you would be thrilled. I'd have to assume there would be at least a few other GMa that think the sane

Don't we have him already?

Kesler

Santorelli

Richardson

Dalpe

What happen when Hank comes backs (if he ever leaves) we have another center playing wing (like Roy).

Burrows does a lot more away from the puck than Booth so holds more value that way, so it's debatable that Booth even in a cap retained trade would be of interest to other teams. Then there's the point that we could buy him out cap free in the summer and open up all that space for next season instead of having to retain cap to make a deal happen.

The Edler deal is too lateral to really improve this team and won't entice Gillis to ask a player to waive his NTC. If Edler comes to Gillis and asks, maybe it's a different story, but if we trade Edler we likely look at a bolstering our offence and youth off the return we'd get.

Archived