The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Injury] Nikolai Khabibulin out for 4-5 Months

Yes, I agree, the guy is done in the nhl.

This will likely be the end of the road for Khabibulin. He's had a long successful career and he can end his time in the NHL.

I don't take pleasure in the fact that Khabby is hurt, but I'm happy that Raanta will be the backup now.

Somewhat of an underrated goalie, yet he has accomplished almost everything there is for a goalie.

Stanley Cup, Olympic Gold and Bronze, World Junior Championship, 4-time All-star and was chosen as the best goalie in the '02 Olympics.

The only thing that's missing is a World Championship and the Vezina.

Somewhat of an underrated goalie, yet he has accomplished almost everything there is for a goalie.

Stanley Cup, Olympic Gold and Bronze, World Junior Championship, 4-time All-star and was chosen as the best goalie in the '02 Olympics.

The only thing that's missing is a World Championship and the Vezina.

Absolutely, you're right.

Why people try and be an ass to belittle the goalie is beyond me.

Absolutely, you're right.

Why people try and be an ass to belittle the goalie is beyond me.

I don't think people are trying to belittle Khabby, he's had an excellent career. But at this point in his career he has nothing left to give. In his few starts this season he's given some of the worst goalie performances I've ever seen. I wish it wasn't the case but Khabibulin is done.

I hope this injury and more events put the Crackhawks in a worse position. I don't want to wish for long term injuries to guys like Toews Kane Sharp AND Hossa, but it sure would be a rightful blessing. Who does Torres play for again?

I hope this injury and more events put the Crackhawks in a worse position. I don't want to wish for long term injuries to guys like Toews Kane Sharp AND Hossa, but it sure would be a rightful blessing. Who does Torres play for again?

Why can a rival fan be classy in his posts but you can't?

It's never a blessing to see them get injured.

Besides, what good does it do for those players to be out of the lineup? How could you brag that you were a 'better' team?

Classy.

But if you must know this put the Blackhawks in a better position. Raanta has been stellar while things have not worked out for Khabibulin at all. I was excited to get Bulin back, I have his jersey from his first stink with the Blackhawks. But now I am happy that Raanta is the back-up.

Classy.

But if you must know this put the Blackhawks in a better position. Raanta has been stellar while things have not worked out for Khabibulin at all. I was excited to get Bulin back, I have his jersey from his first stink with the Blackhawks. But know I am happy that Raanta is the back-up.

Yeah its unfortunate about Rantaa. Hopefully he follows the career of Jim Carey.

Why can a rival fan be classy in his posts but you can't?

It's never a blessing to see them get injured.

Besides, what good does it do for those players to be out of the lineup? How could you brag that you were a 'better' team?

O stop being a sissy, this is the real world.

Archived