The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Everything Bitcoin Thread

On 10/24/2021 at 3:39 AM, HI5 said:

Hope you had a chance to snag some, sitting at 8x now. Seems like people are finding out about it now. 

The real question is how much have you invested in these alt coins?

5x or 8x is meaningless if you have not made at least a return in the $500-$1000s+ of dollars range. 

I personally stay away from the non-mainstream ones just to be on the safe side and the fact the returns I find are far and between; had some good returns from bitcoin, elth, and lite. A return in the $50,000 range, with around $3000 total invested. 

Edited by drummer4now

2 hours ago, drummer4now said:

5x or 8x is meaningless if you have not made at least a return in the $500-$1000s+ of dollars range. 

I personally stay away from the non-mainstream ones just to be on the safe side and the fact the returns I find are far and between; had some good returns from bitcoin, elth, and lite. A return in the $50,000 range, with around $3000 total invested. 

Daaaang.

I'm pretty happy with mine, I'm only up about 40% cause I've just started little by little within the past year.

Still quite a bit better than the 5%-6% my investment guy says I should be happy with.

8 hours ago, drummer4now said:

Bought $50,000usd worth at $0.80, after I read all about Kadena and have purchased KDA miners from Goldshell. This one will be mainstream, either that or i'll lose a ton of money. 

https://dogecoincryptonews.com/2021/09/adam-weitsmans-new-venture-scrap-king-wants-to-power-up-a-cryptocurrency-mine/

• 2 months later...

CBC recently aired a documentary about Gerald Cotten and his QuadrigaCX Bitcoin exchange.  Cotten was the guy who (may have) died on his honeymoon in India in 2018.  Shortly thereafter it was discovered that tens of millions of dollars that were in his exchange were unaccounted for.  

https://gem.cbc.ca/media/dead-mans-switch-a-crypto-mystery/s01e01

• 2 weeks later...

People are talking about a Cryptocurrency winter" about to take place and it's starting to scare a lot of non hodlers out of the game.  Crypto Bros have lost their pants and it doesn't look good.  A lot of governmental and institutional pressure keeping it back right now but at days end while volatile it will bounce back in a large way.

If I recall the annual meetings are in Feb so we'll see some serious movement on blockchain companies and alt coins coming up in the next 6 weeks

On 1/19/2022 at 8:53 AM, Warhippy said:

People are talking about a Cryptocurrency winter" about to take place and it's starting to scare a lot of non hodlers out of the game.  Crypto Bros have lost their pants and it doesn't look good.  A lot of governmental and institutional pressure keeping it back right now but at days end while volatile it will bounce back in a large way.

If I recall the annual meetings are in Feb so we'll see some serious movement on blockchain companies and alt coins coming up in the next 6 weeks

Facebook.. I'm sorry Meta.. is investing $10b annually into the 'verse'. Other notable companies getting in on the action include Google, Walmart, Twitter, NBA, NFL. In the short term, the fed and macro environment is going to pull BTC down, and consequently the rest of crypto with it, but the space is still in its infancy in the grand scheme of things. I am taking this time to learn so I can better arm myself with knowledge when it comes to 'buy time'.

BTC down 4% in the last hours btw. Sitting at $38.8K USD

• 6 months later...

Not that I really understand these things but it sounds like a major development is happening in the crypto currency world:

The Crypto World Can’t Wait for ‘the Merge’
A long-awaited upgrade to Ethereum, the most popular crypto platform, may make the technology more environmentally sustainable. But it comes with risks.

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/08/26/technology/crypto-ethereum-the-merge.html?campaign_id=2&emc=edit_th_20220827&instance_id=70431&nl=todaysheadlines&regi_id=56405277&segment_id=102553&user_id=dc88543b79693b0f05322365a827e237

What Is ‘the Merge’?
Here’s what to know about a major software upgrade to Ethereum, the most popular crypto platform.

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/08/26/technology/what-is-the-merge.html?campaign_id=2&emc=edit_th_20220827&instance_id=70431&nl=todaysheadlines&regi_id=56405277&segment_id=102553&user_id=dc88543b79693b0f05322365a827e237

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Warhippy said:

Is bitcoin and crypto dead.

Yes or no

No. Is the industry young and immature? Yes. If people are still buying bitcoin at 20k USD per coin then it is very much alive. That said, in a rising rate and risk off environment, crypto will suffer. The macro environment does not make bitcoin and the rest of crypto an attractive investment. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, I.Am.Ironman said:

A lot of volatility today due to Binance potentially buying out FTX

I just came here to post this.

Celsius went bankrupt.  Three arrows liquidated.  FTX just bought out by Binance.

Numerous types of coins left stranded without a centralized hub for transfer and thus effectively dead.

I'd say it's in its way out and while it might longer, it's as gone as the nft scams

36 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

I just came here to post this.

Celsius went bankrupt.  Three arrows liquidated.  FTX just bought out by Binance.

Numerous types of coins left stranded without a centralized hub for transfer and thus effectively dead.

I'd say it's in its way out and while it might longer, it's as gone as the nft scams

I think players are dying but the game is not dead. Just like the dot com. There were survivors. Blackrock et al have entered into the space and are looking to be big players obviously. Once rates start to decrease sometime in 2023 (hopefully) and the market goes risk on again, crypto will follow. Until then, there is likely to be more hurt.