Jump to content
The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Everything Bitcoin Thread


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Tom Brady invested $650 million in FTX. 

I'm thinking that has to be wrong.  Brady is a rich guy but nearly 3/4 of a BILLION on one investment?  As rich as he may be, I don't think he has THAT kind of money.

Edited by UnkNuk
  • Cheers 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, UnkNuk said:

I'm thinking that has to be wrong.  Brady is a rich guy but 3/4 of a BILLION on one investment?  As rich as he may be, I don't think he has THAT kind of money.

His ex-wife Gisele is worth even more than Brady.  The investment was a joint investment...

 

Tom Brady Could Lose Entire Investment After FTX Debacle – OutKick

 

Brady’s Losses Could be Massive

There’s no clear indication of exactly how much money Brady put into FTX, but rumors have put the figure into the hundreds of millions.

That may not be likely, but it’s sure to be an eye-popping number regardless.

 

How Tom Brady Lost All His Money On FTX | by Crypto Hub | Nov, 2022 | Medium

 

Tom Brady, one of the greatest quarterbacks of all time, has lost his entire net worth on the cryptocurrency exchange FTX, which went insolvent yesterday. The news comes as a devastating blow to Brady, who is known to have all of his money — $650 million — invested on the now-insolvent exchange.

 

 

Edited by Elias Pettersson
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

His ex-wife Gisele is worth even more than Brady.  The investment was a joint investment...

 

Tom Brady Could Lose Entire Investment After FTX Debacle – OutKick

 

Brady’s Losses Could be Massive

There’s no clear indication of exactly how much money Brady put into FTX, but rumors have put the figure into the hundreds of millions.

That may not be likely, but it’s sure to be an eye-popping number regardless.

From the article:

 

There’s no clear indication of exactly how much money Brady put into FTX, but rumors have put the figure into the hundreds of millions.

 

That may not be likely, but it’s sure to be an eye-popping number regardless.

 

Sounds to me like someone pulled the number out of thin air for clicks.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, UnkNuk said:

From the article:

 

There’s no clear indication of exactly how much money Brady put into FTX, but rumors have put the figure into the hundreds of millions.

 

That may not be likely, but it’s sure to be an eye-popping number regardless.

 

Sounds to me like someone pulled the number out of thin air for clicks.

Could be.  But the fact that he unretired real quick and has no plans on retiring now means he had probably put a large amount of his money into FTX...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

 

Not to be too suspicious, but I wonder whether these 'rumours' of how much money he lost are an attempt by Brady himself to deflect blame from himself for encouraging others to use FTX?

 

"I'm sorry you lost money.  But so did I!"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, Wolfgang Durst said:

Here's what really has happened - I am quite shocked that funds from FTX clients were used to pay off debt from Alameda.

 

Bild

Apparently assets were being paid out to some investors in the Bahamas when not available to others. All sorts of fraud and maybe outright theft going on here. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Coinbase down 12% today alone.  

 

One of three things will happen here.

 

Digital coin will outright collapse soon

 

The government will force regulation on these coins and integrate them in to the monetary world holding control of distribution or spending.

 

A new rise will occur as people buy in at ridiculously low rates on the big 7 digital coins which will propel the remaining companies to new highs only to see the same collapse 2 years later.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Warhippy said:

Coinbase down 12% today alone.  

 

One of three things will happen here.

 

Digital coin will outright collapse soon

 

The government will force regulation on these coins and integrate them in to the monetary world holding control of distribution or spending.

 

A new rise will occur as people buy in at ridiculously low rates on the big 7 digital coins which will propel the remaining companies to new highs only to see the same collapse 2 years later.

A very small % of people own bitcoin. Something like 2 1/2% own over 80%. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

https://www.si.com/nfl/2022/11/16/brady-curry-shaq-among-athletes-facing-lawsuit-in-ftx-debacle?utm_source=Iterable&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=campaign_5552104

 

Brady, Curry, Shaq Among Athletes Facing Lawsuit in FTX Debacle
 

A slew of high-profile athletes and celebrities are listed on a class-action lawsuit filed against the cryptocurrency exchange platform FTX and its founder Sam Bankman-Fried. 

 

Tom Brady, Stephen Curry, Naomi Osaka, Trevor Lawrence, Larry David, Shohei Ohtani and Shaquille O'Neal are a few of the names included on the filing that alleges FTX and the former CEO violated Florida law by misleading customers. The lawsuit claims these individuals, among others, “either controlled, promoted, assisted in, and actively participated” in the alleged scheme where they “aggressively marketed” FTX.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, Boudrias said:

I think Charlie Munger's take as he was interviewed by MSNBC was bang on. Not a real industry. A collection of charlatans and thieves. This was never an investment it was all about the latest gimmick for people to get rich quick.  

He works at Berkshire Hathaway, a group that didn't think Microsoft or Google were worth investing in. Didn't buy Apple until 2016, a decade after the iPhone came out. 

 

these people know nothing about technology, they simply have enough money to hoover up mass amounts of stock 20 years after the mainstream has spoken. Warren Buffet admits he doesn't understand technology, why would his 98-year-old protege be any different?

Edited by GLASSJAW
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, GLASSJAW said:

He works at Berkshire Hathaway, a group that didn't think Microsoft or Google were worth investing in. Didn't buy Apple until 2016, a decade after the iPhone came out. 

 

these people know nothing about technology, they simply have enough money to hoover up mass amounts of stock 20 years after the mainstream has spoken. Warren Buffet literally admits he knows nothing about technology or tech stocks, why would his 98-year-old protege be any different?

Sure. Obviously stupid men. 

  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...