The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Proposal NYI VCR

To Long Island would be Edler, Ferreiro, Suave and a 2nd in return for Vanek and Harmonic.

Gives the Isles that coveted #1 dman who can hit, sound d and contribute offensively. Not to mention future prospects and another pick. Coming our way would be that needed top 6 sniper and a solid young dman with potential.

They already have a good dman in Hamonic. Why would they trade him for another?

I think Harmonic would work good here; and obviously Vanek would too, especially since New York brought him in when they still had plans of the playoffs but that is no longer an option.

I think Harmonic would work good here; and obviously Vanek would too, especially since New York brought him in when they still had plans of the playoffs but that is no longer an option.

Their not? Only 7 points below that playoff spot they have a chance especially the way their going lately

That still does nothing to explain why they'd trade Hamonic for Edler. Vanek is a rental so it's not crazy that they'd try and move him, but that's also not what I'm asking you.

That still does nothing to explain why they'd trade Hamonic for Edler. Vanek is a rental so it's not crazy that they'd try and move him, but that's also not what I'm asking you.

I guess it depends how you look at it.

Which is what I'm asking, how does it look from your side that the Isles trading Hamonic for Edler makes sense?

Because Edler is the best ever and made team Sweden and Hamonic did not? Idk seems to me from a NYI standpoint they keep on pace maybe see about another piece to catchup their not far behind

I guess it depends how you look at it.

Well the way they are looking at is that they gave up a lot for Vanek and what you are proposing is not good enough. Second, they already have a solid dman in Hamonic. He played very well in the playoffs last year with the assignment of defending against Crosby. That's the way I look at it too.

Well the way they are looking at is that they gave up a lot for Vanek and what you are proposing is not good enough. Second, they already have a solid dman in Hamonic. He played very well in the playoffs last year with the assignment of defending against Crosby. That's the way I look at it too.

That pretty much sums it up for me. The Isles have plenty of depth/prospects/high picks and Edler for Hamonic is a fairly lateral move. No idea why they do that for the rest, which is a fairly marginal return.

They pick up Edler to play WITH Hamonic. Giving him up would be crazy.

DeHaan or Strome or Reinhart and or Nelson and a 1st round pick. Pick any one of those guys add in a random roster player and that pick for Edler + That is more realistic than them giving up probably the perfect partner for Edler. It would be like Trading for that top 6 playmaker but trading Kesler to do it. Or that 1st line sniper but trading the Sedins.

Addition by subtraction

Archived