The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(proposal) van-win (warning the one rumored true or not) van-nyr

Ok say van and win do make this trade.

To van:

Evander kane

To win:

Hansen, tanev, gaunce, 3rd

Next move would be to get a big bodied 3rd line center in my books.

To van:

Brian boyel conditional pick ( if he signs we get a 5th. If he does not we get a 2nd round pick.

To NYR:

Jordan schroeder

Sedin sedin burrows

Kane kesler kassian

Higgins boyel santo

Sestito richardson weise

Booth/dalpe

Hamuis garrison

Edler bieksa

Weber corrado

Luongo

Lack

Next year

Sedin sedin burrows/kassian

Kane horvat kesler

Higgins boyel/santo burrows/ kassian

Sestito richardson/santo richardson/santo

Why would WPG trade their star player who's scores for no one in return that is going to fix their 2C and goal scoring hole. You need to understand what the other team needs before you make proposals. Just throwing names out their to team hoping the value matches does no good if the other team has no interest in the players you offered.

Do we trade Luongo for another $5 million top 4 defense?

People need to understand that In the heading I put the winnipeg trade as the one that mg apparently sent winnipeg.

You should link the rumour. Not that I don't believe you or anything, would be nice to know the source and see the rumour details.

I'm all for getting a dynamic strong top 6 franchise player. Not sure if that deal will actually get us Kane though

I would do this deal for sure. We get a gritty top six sniper built for the west that can fill in a huge void for this team. We would be losing a young, solid top 4 defenceman whom is really coming into his own and has the potential to be a stud, a prospect in Gaunce whom IMO can be a solid 3rd line center one day, a 3rd rounder (who knows what that will be), and a feisty, hard nosed checker in Hansen whom is a great player in that role, but we seem to have an abundance of those guys in our line up already. My biggest concern is losing Tanev. I think he's been one of our best D-Men this season and he's only getting better, but you have to give to get to. I think our line up would be more complete with Kane in it and more ready for the playoffs. I really believe with Kass becoming the player he is projected to be (he's going to be awesome) that 2nd line would be deadly.

Daniel Henrick Burrows

Kane Kesler Kassian (Monster truck line :shock: )

Higgy Santo Booth (The Florida connection)

Sestito Schroeder Richie (Crash and bang with skill)

Dalpe, Weise, Archie

We still have good depth also.

Edler, and Stanton are coming back soon I would assume. Weber is playing better and Corrado is in the wings.

We can afford to lose Gaunce because we have Schroeder, Horvat, Cassels, Dalpe all coming up as C-Men (thats what she said)

Another BC boy would be a great addition to this team. Please MG make this trade, even if you have to add a little more!!!

Now we just need to find a way to get Weber and this team=CUP :bigblush: .

You should link the rumour. Not that I don't believe you or anything, would be nice to know the source and see the rumour details.

I'm all for getting a dynamic strong top 6 franchise player. Not sure if that deal will actually get us Kane though

Don't bother, there isn't a rumour with a valid source - just trolling on twitter.

We don't get Boyle alone, never mind the conditional pick, for Jordan Schroeder either.

I've seen that WPG rumour. Don't like giving up Hansen and Tanev.

Wish there were other ways. ie. trading one of the $4m+/yr Dmen.

TOR: Bieksa, Welsh, Friesen

VAN: Kadri, Smithson, Franson

WPG: Kadri, Dalpe, Guance

VAN: Kane

Like I said, wish.

Schroeder for Boyle is overkill. NYR won't value Schroeder high. Would probably prefer a pick. VAN would be better off trading the pick. Like a 2014 3rd, maybe 2nd. IMO.

real question is how much would we have to pay Tanev if we kept him. He's arguably are most consistant Defender and is only making 1.5 mill... I think He deserves around 3 mill per after this season on a 2 year deal.

Gaunce could easily be a call up or take a spot for Winnipeg next season helping solve their problems at Centre. with a Good 2C/3C ceiling.

Hansen is Immediate help for them all over the lineup, same with Tanev, and the third would just be a little more Value

If you think about it as 1 cheap top 4 D man, 1 Fast Middle 6 checker, 1 first round 2C/3C prospect and a third for a top 6 forward it makes a lot of sense.

We have a lot of depth in Centre prospects right now. Could use another scoring winger, as it looks less likely Jensen will make an impact soon.

real question is how much would we have to pay Tanev if we kept him. He's arguably are most consistant Defender and is only making 1.5 mill... I think He deserves around 3 mill per after this season on a 2 year deal.

Gaunce could easily be a call up or take a spot for Winnipeg next season helping solve their problems at Centre. with a Good 2C/3C ceiling.

Hansen is Immediate help for them all over the lineup, same with Tanev, and the third would just be a little more Value

If you think about it as 1 cheap top 4 D man, 1 Fast Middle 6 checker, 1 first round 2C/3C prospect and a third for a top 6 forward it makes a lot of sense.

We have a lot of depth in Centre prospects right now. Could use another scoring winger, as it looks less likely Jensen will make an impact soon.

Spin it however you want and its still an awful deal for Winnipeg. A whole bunch of meh for a 22 year old 30 goal scorer. The conversation would start with Kesler or Horvat+.

Ok say van and win do make this trade.

To van:

Evander kane

To win:

Hansen, tanev, gaunce, 3rd

Next move would be to get a big bodied 3rd line center in my books.

To van:

Brian boyel conditional pick ( if he signs we get a 5th. If he does not we get a 2nd round pick.

To NYR:

Jordan schroeder

Sedin sedin burrows

Kane kesler kassian

Higgins boyel santo

Sestito richardson weise

Booth/dalpe

Hamuis garrison

Edler bieksa

Weber corrado

Luongo

Lack

Next year

Sedin sedin burrows/kassian

Kane horvat kesler

Higgins boyel/santo burrows/ kassian

Sestito richardson/santo richardson/santo

Hansen, Haunce and a first, and I'm in.

Yes I value Tanev more than a first. Wpg also prob does not need a D. But someone also mentioned, does the trade accomplish what they need? That post suggested a 2C and scoring, which seems mostly an on track assessment. So, do they do it?

Well, for starters possibly only when they have sort of given up on both their immediate situation and Evander Kane. They could be looking at Scheifele as 2C and a 220 lb reasonably talented Gaunce as 3C. Hansen also adds a building block. A guy who pots the odd goal, but teams score more when they have guys like him. He does the important detail work, and lunch pail dirty jobs. Bottom line, Hansen helps them. Someone mentioned that him and his wife live in the Peg off season. Met when he was on the Moose? A seasoned pro who wants to be in the Peg is a big deal!

So if they're viewing a re-set... -_-

Plus I said mostly when agreeing with the assessment above.

Scheifele will already be that legit 2C very soon. Likely more. I could see the viewing Gaunce as offering them long term strength down the middle with his size and fitness. Next year Little / Scheifele / Gaunce, the year after Scheifele / Little / defensive anchor Gaunce. Teams build that way!

Look at it differently. Gaunce and Hansen long term >> Jokinen? So they can waive goodbye to Olie, and also don't have Kane on the books. They build at center, get Hansen, a first and $6.5 mill in extra cap space to replace Kane's scoring.

WIN will look for a huge return to trade Kane, there would be many teams bidding for him. I bet their counter offer is.

Kassian

Tanev

Gaunce/Shinkaruk

1st

For

Kane

And still I think some teams could top that package

I don't like the original deal and that one makes me cringe...Wont happen if Gillis is smart

Kane is overrated in my books. Especially if it cripples our defence. Right now it looks like Tanev is taking the defensive anchor from Hammer.

Change Tanev to Edler and I would do it although no way Winnipeg trades their only goal scorer. Gillis would never make a deal this ball-sy cause he has no cajones.

WIN will look for a huge return to trade Kane, there would be many teams bidding for him. I bet their counter offer is.

Kassian

Tanev

Gaunce/Shinkaruk

1st

For

Kane

And still I think some teams could top that package

You realize that is essentially 4 first round picks (I assess Tanev's value at least that high now)? That includes two already groomed very close to being as prime time ready as Kane?

Sorry, this is not a 28 year old Forsburg, or Pronger we're "acquiring" here. Lets be realistic please.

Side note and some admitted trolling of perspective here: Hodgson outscored Kane last year. Should CDC logic not be that we should get Kane plus back just for Kassian? :rolleyes:

LA gave Simmonds (I equate Kassians current value as similar to Simmonds then), a strong prospect (B Schenn, equiv to Gaunce) and a high first for Richards.

Richards (IMO) >> Kane.

Hansen, Gaunce and a (low) first remains about right.

If they can get better, I'll drive them to the airport to sign the papers...

Archived