The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Proposal) Fair Deal?

I know there has been numerous proposals about Evander Kane so I apologize for another one.

Is this fair?

TO WINNIPEG

BRENDAN GAUNCE

HUNTER SHINKARUK

2014 1ST ROUND PICK

2014 2ND ROUND PICK

TO VANCOUVER

EVANDER KANE

RYAN OLSEN

Olsen is a 6th round pick who plays Center. Born in Delta, B.C.

While this is one of the more realistic Canuck/ Kane proposals I've seen, I'm not sure you'd want to do that from a Canuck point of view.

The package seems closer to what the Jets will be looking for. Tom is right though, they'd want Horvat over Hunter. You could probably keep Gaunce too if that was the case.

We talk about Gillis making a BOLD move...

if we are trying to win now under the sedins, luo bieksa, hamhuis, kesler to a degree(based on age)

And Kane is exactly what we could use for the twins, why would we not consider trading Horvat?

I like what horvat brings and what he could become, basically a kesler 2.0. But if acquiring someone like kane can put us over the top over the next year or two and potentially land us a cup. Would any of you be complaining about losing horvat if we had a cup parade?

It would be a tough decision, but as long as they dont want much more ontop of horvat I think GM MG makes a BOLD move and does that trade. Helps us now

SChneider should have been traded for someone like Kane who is in the prime of his career and will be for some time to help us win a cup.

sedin sedin kane

burrows kesler kassian/higgins

higgins/kassian santo hansen

3 fairly solid lines imo

Risky and Bold move

if we are trying to win now under the sedins, luo bieksa, hamhuis, kesler to a degree(based on age)

And Kane is exactly what we could use for the twins, why would we not consider trading Horvat?

I like what horvat brings and what he could become, basically a kesler 2.0. But if acquiring someone like kane can put us over the top over the next year or two and potentially land us a cup. Would any of you be complaining about losing horvat if we had a cup parade?

It would be a tough decision, but as long as they dont want much more ontop of horvat I think GM MG makes a BOLD move and does that trade. Helps us now

SChneider should have been traded for someone like Kane who is in the prime of his career and will be for some time to help us win a cup.

sedin sedin kane

3 fairly solid lines imo

Risky and Bold move

ok so trade Schneider for Kane...Who else do you get rid of to fit under the cap? Cant be Booth hes injured...That's what your not getting there is a cap and nothing in your proposal fixes that key issue of where we were

ok so trade Schneider for Kane...Who else do you get rid of to fit under the cap? Cant be Booth hes injured...That's what your not getting there is a cap and nothing in your proposal fixes that key issue of where we were

trade can be done in summer. Or we can move salary in another way. im not sure how much cap space we have, but we could waive a guy and make a trade.

Winnipeg didnt need a goalie as they iinvested in Pavelec. Were in reality, im sure they would re consider it now.

How would that have looked Winnipeg new to the league and they acquired 2 for manitoba players in schnieds and say hansen.

Theres always a way to make a trade, may need some manoevering and creativity but thats what management gets the big bucks to do.

Imo they dropped the ball and should have never given edler an extension aand should have traded him. We already had 2 LD locked up how can we afford to pay Edler 5m when no one can play the right side who is left handed. they all prefer being on the left.

Trade edler for a young center like B.schenn.

potential lines

sedin sedin kane

burrows schenn kesler

not a bad top 6

then top 4 D

hamhuis bieksa

garrison tanev

Im not saying this is an easy trade or trades to make. but saying they are impossible is not 100 percent true either

sedin sedin kane

3 fairly solid lines imo

Risky and Bold move

Zero players put our team over the top and that's what most people don't understand. Playoffs isn't won by the team the has the best line up on paper. You need a whole bunch of things to go your way in order to win. You need luck with: key guys not getting injured (Daniel in 2012), You need refs to not be complete one sided towards a team (sharks in 2013), you need puck luck, getting the right bounces (Bieska’s goal in 2011), You need the right match ups and then on top of that you need all your players going hot at the right time. Winning the Stanley cup is extremely hard and lucky to do. It’s the reason why the team that wins the president’s trophy (who is technically the best team in the league) don’t always win the Stanley cup.

Does a player like Kane make our current line up better? Yes.

Does it mean we will be guaranteed to beat LA then ANA, then CHI, and finally BOS? No

So why give up a future impact player like Horvat, in which his trade value is nowhere near the value it may be in the future, plus more of our future core for a player that doesn’t guarantee us anything. I’ll take our chances of with developing building our own core like other successful teams.

That is what you said and I replied to as such and you contradict yourself...Now you want to trade 4 young players 1 of witch has a shot at the pro roster and the other out for the year and 2 1sts...What happens if Kane underperforms here? Gets injured? Pulls a Lucic and takes Van out in the playoffs? I forsee him becoming the next whipping boy of CDC as Burrows and Edler have taken over atm...I don't se this nearly as good of a deal and our defence needs Edler...Saying otherwise means you haven't been paying attention to the defence fatigue and bad plays...Heres an example say Detroit traded Datsyuk right after drafting him and he turned into who he is now? Not saying those picks become Datsyuk but that's what you have to consider...What about Zetterburg? Our biggest mistake drafting Grabner over Lucic but that's easy to say in hindsight...

In short what im saying is giving up on prospects right away is a joke and would be a huge mistake and CDC mood swings work in clockwork for everyplayer...Going all in for a guy like Kane does more damage long term then fixes short term...O and trading Edler the year he signed his extension shows other potential players that if they have an off year they could be moved and all the BS with Lucic makes hometown players think about it...Afterall Lucic said he would love to play in Vancouver in his career and current contract expires he will be a UFA and could sign here but the fanbase starting all this with his personal life could make him think twice

Edler >> Stuart

Hansen, Jensen, 1st < Kane

Think of it like both teams upgrading a position but also downgrading a position.

The Jets have Enstrom and Buff on the left side. They really don't need an LHD without shipping one out.

over the past 10 years, our ability to draft and convert those picks into top 6 material is next to nobody. Kesler, thats it.

So would i risk moving a guy like Horvat that has the ability to be a very good player for a long time, for a 21yr winger who has scored 30 goals and has a high ceiling, and most importantly helps us now? Damn rights I do.

Center depth is a strength

henrik

kesler

b.schenn (as i did propose an edler trade for him)

Horvat will start on the 3rd line, he will be in a role very compareable to Coutorier in Philly.

We also have gaunce/cassels/schroeder/Shinkaruk? at the center position in the prospect/young player dept.

For me thats a good depth of centermen and 1 or more atleast will be playing the wing. For atleast the next 4-5 yrs while kesler and sedin are here

over the past 10 years, our ability to draft and convert those picks into top 6 material is next to nobody. Kesler, thats it.

So would i risk moving a guy like Horvat that has the ability to be a very good player for a long time, for a 21yr winger who has scored 30 goals and has a high ceiling, and most importantly helps us now? Damn rights I do.

Center depth is a strength

henrik

kesler

b.schenn (as i did propose an edler trade for him)

Horvat will start on the 3rd line, he will be in a role very compareable to Coutorier in Philly.

We also have gaunce/cassels/schroeder/Shinkaruk? at the center position in the prospect/young player dept.

For me thats a good depth of centermen and 1 or more atleast will be playing the wing. For atleast the next 4-5 yrs while kesler and sedin are here

Only Kesler eh? What about Hodgeson? Grabner? Raymond? Those 3 top 6 that were moved...And as for ceiling cant put stock into that because you never know...Kesler "ceiling" 3rd look at him now Datsyuk "ceiling" was not the hall of famer he is and that's just 2 examples

Now Kane ya hes young but your deal does more harm then good because it sends 4 young players who also have a high "ceiling" for 1 player that if put all our hope into and if he gets injured? slow start? doesent build chemistry?...We are stronger with Gaunce, Horvat, Shink, Jensen, and whoever we draft with those 2 1st round picks...

Also takes more then just a good top 6 to win a cup look at defence...look at the bottom 6 look at goaltending...Ask Washington how 1 great top6 sniper does for them past the regular season...Just cant put the stock in 1 line need all 4 lines and all 3 d pairings and 2 good goalies to win

Archived