Kassian Lecavalier Burrows

Higgins Santorelli Hansen

Sestito Richardson Weise

Dalpe

Hamhuis Tanev

Garrison Weber

Stanton Bieksa

Corrado

The lines can be changed how ever you want.

Laughton gives us a left winger or center prospect to go with Horvat and Shinkaruk .

Thoughts?

No ty on laughton

Yeah bro what's wrong with Laughton?

Canada's junior captain at 19. 24 goals and 50 points in 29 games in the OHL. He is touted as a 2 way player whose defensive game is superior to his offensive game but his season shows his offensive side may be blossoming.

As of now he's a great looking prospect.

Their best prospect and a former #1 overall big, talented two way center on a bona fide good value contract?

Think this one is a huge stretch...

And Vinny waives his NMC?

Vinny may waive it. He signed wanting to be the #2 center behind a true #1 center (Giroux) His season started great but with B. Schenn being red hot and him being pushed to wing he may be open to a trade. But then again with Kesler as the #2 he may not be so keen on going to Van. But Philly is probably willing to trade him considering after a hot start in December and Jan he has 0 goals and 2 assists. Tho some injury woes based on there dominance he is expendable.

Vinny may waive it. He signed wanting to be the #2 center behind a true #1 center (Giroux) His season started great but with B. Schenn being red hot and him being pushed to wing he may be open to a trade. But then again with Kesler as the #2 he may not be so keen on going to Van. But Philly is probably willing to trade him considering after a hot start in December and Jan he has 0 goals and 2 assists. Tho some injury woes based on there dominance he is expendable.

When Vinny got injured Schenn stepped in at center and has been great, since returning, Vinny is playing 3rd wing and he doesn't play wing well.

When Vinny got injured Schenn stepped in at center and has been great, since returning, Vinny is playing 3rd wing and he doesn't play wing well.

Indeed leaving the question as is getting rid of Lecavalier worth losing Laughton too. I am doubtful on that especially considering Edler is a minor upgrade.

Indeed leaving the question as is getting rid of Lecavalier worth losing Laughton too. I am doubtful on that especially considering Edler is a minor upgrade.

I think Edler, Cap Hit , age, is large upgrade to their top 3 dmen

Their best prospect and a former #1 overall big, talented two way center on a bona fide good value contract?

Think this one is a huge stretch...

And Vinny waives his NMC?

What are you talking about? After getting bought out at 33 he signed a 5 year 22.5M contract ($4.5M cap hit) which is most certainly not good value for an ageing and declining center. Former 1st round pick is right. He can play a role still but over a full season he is maybe a 50 point guy right now. Taking on 4 more years of that contract is only a little less worse than taking on his old deal.

I don't mind Laughton but we have enough 2nd/3rd line center prospects as is so I'm not sure how he helps us either. It's certainly not the scoring solution I'd expect to get back from moving Edler.

I think Edler, Cap Hit , age, is large upgrade to their top 3 dmen

It would be more of a future deal. Replacing Timonen once he retires. Though as for now it's minor. It clumps up the defense with 8 guys (Timonen, Streit, Coburn, Gustufsson, Grossmann, Schenn, Meszaros, Edler). Going by the season Meszaros was the odd man out and Schenn would join him giving them 7.6 million in healthy scratch players. Not to mention Philadelphia is currently red hot and defense is not an issue (they have not given up more than 3 goals in any of the last 8 games). Where as on the other side Edler hasn't played in a month and has had a rough season.

So in the moment I consider it a minor upgrade as the result of the product doesn't have a large margin for improvement. However this is why I think it really harms the Flyers.

By moving Lecavalier they are putting all eggs in the Schenn as the #2 center basket and while he has played well of late he has shown glimmers of this talent before and then went cold again. If Schenn cools off again than they no longer have a suitable #2 center and for what it's worth Vinny did do a great job in that role especially when Giroux was struggling earlier in the year. But not only would the Flyers ground themselves this season they would have also traded the best prospect they had and next in line to take that role in Laughton.

In addition I really like having Lecavalier for the playoffs. Tampa did not make the playoffs often but he always performed well in the playoffs and if Schenn falls off it would be great to have a guy like him. The last time he played he had 19 points in 18 games. Before that 7 points in 6 games though we are starting to go a ways back in time.

In other words I feel this trade thins out the Flyers a lot more than it gives them depth. But really as of now with how strong the Flyers have been playing I wouldn't make any trades unless they were offers you simply can't refuse.

Archived