The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Your Genius Idea to Flip This Team Upside Down?

Silfverberg Snipes

So it's no surprise that this team is struggling, and has been for the past three years. And when adversity strikes all the junior GM's and coaches come out with their brilliant schemes to turn this team into a contender. If you could enforce ONE ridiculous, unheard of change in this roster by way of trade or line shuffling or what have you, what would it be?

I for one would put Kassian at center. He thrives under situations where the puck is on his stick and he's able to distribute it as he sees fit. He may not be the most defensively responsible center out there but right now our need is not defence, it is offence and as such I would give him the 3C role. So when healthy...

Sedin - Sedin - Hansen

Higgins - Kesler - Santorelli

Booth - Kassian - Burrows

Sestito/Weise - Richardson - Archibald

Edler - Tanev

Hamhuis - Bieksa

Stanton - Garrison

PP: Umbrella Formation

Sedin - Kassian

Kesler - Sedin

Edler

Ship the sedins to Detroit for Mantha and tootoo

Get a couple big and nasty defensemen to protect Lou

Move kassian up to 1st or 2nd line

Sign lucic

That's my genius idea to flip this team upside down

no1 Detroit cant afford both Sedins and huge overpayment

no2 nah

no3 can tell u don't pay attention to anything Kassian IS on the 2nd line

no4 how to sign a guy already with a contract?

Ship the sedins to Detroit for Mantha and tootoo

Get a couple big and nasty defensemen to protect Lou

Move kassian up to 1st or 2nd line

Sign lucic

That's my genius idea to flip this team upside down

are you seriously back?

Please do not use anything you post with the weird genius in it. Its bloody insulting to those with IQ's

One crazy idea I have is that the Canucks should just stay the course for this season. Make no trades at deadline (unless we move Booth or Weise) and just see how the season ends. At this point I'm pretty sure most of us are not expecting a Stanley Cup this season so why waste any assets.

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows

Higgins-Santorelli-Kesler

Kassian-Richardson-Hansen

Sestito-Dalpe-Weise

Hamhuis-Tanev

Garrison-Bieksa

Edler-Weber

Luongo

Lack

That's fine for the rest of the year, then next year we bring in our youth.

I dont think we can really adjust/change anything drastically with the roster we have currently. The biggest change was putting sestito on the PP and playing him more minutes, and it worked. We dont really have the type of roster where we can move players around too much.

Putting Kesler upfront with the Sedins, and rolling with Richardson as a second line center with some size on the wings might be something to try out.

Sedin-Sedin-Kesler

Sestito-Richardson-Kassian

Higgins-Santorelli-Hansen

Lineup seems pretty weak up front, putting almost all our resources on that top line. But, if they can produce, and we can use our point men to get some shots, the 2nd and 3rd lines can have a pretty decent change around the net.

When Burrows, Stanton and Edler return from injuries we will be heading back on track. Hamhuis can only log 30 minutes a game for so long, he needs some help whether it's Edler or Stanton first. Burrows will help us defensively during crucial faceoffs in our own end.

The only trade that needs to happen is that trade for a top 6 winger, but we can get by without it for now. Scoring isn't our main issue right now, it's our defensive side.

Archived