The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Value of Michael Del Zotto

Yeah I know.

Did not help when "panels" contributed to Lou's value when everyone knew we had to trade him. If I'm NYR's, its still hard to give him up for less than he's worth. I'd ride it out if thats all i get. They still have more leverage than we did, RFA and such.

Like with Lou, the trade should have been made before it became public. Would have got more by going in early, but got more holding on to Lou than giving him up.

I agree completely and its what people fail to realize when making proposals. Its all about leverage, the Phoenix Coyotes a couple of years ago ran into a problem with Kyle Turris. Everybody knew Turris wanted out and Coyotes themselves wanted him out. He still fetched Rundblad and a 2nd. The Coyotes GM Maloney refused to move Turris until someone paid the price and it is why you don't really get to low ball and expect to come away with your desired target. Just because a player wants out doesn't mean the GM can't get full value in return.

I agree completely and its what people fail to realize when making proposals. Its all about leverage, the Phoenix Coyotes a couple of years ago ran into a problem with Kyle Turris. Everybody knew Turris wanted out and Coyotes themselves wanted him out. He still fetched Rundblad and a 2nd. The Coyotes GM Maloney refused to move Turris until someone paid the price and it is why you don't really get to low ball and expect to come away with your desired target. Just because a player wants out doesn't mean the GM can't get full value in return.

LAWL

Tell that to the CoHo and Schneider crowd ;)

Edler for MDZ straight up. Maybe a pick coming our way.

No chance!

40 point legit D man, 196 lbs for 40 point legit 217 lb D man who also has a 50 point high... For all the abuse he gets, Edler is also a pretty damn good guy on the defensive side of the puck. Better than MDZ anyway. And when on his game (not accusing Edler of being there either) he adds big enough hits to command attention.

Not even close really... Not that Edler on his own will command MDZ and Stepan as some have suggested, but No!

LAWL

Tell that to the CoHo and Schneider crowd ;)

Yup!

The real guy to watch was / is Shero in Pitt. Phoenix made out OK by holding their line. Shero still did better by getting at it sooner.

Knows he needs to move Staal > gets it done right away! In his division, who cares? Got the best package!!!

Bold moves people...

Archived