The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Would you trade Chris Tanev?

VIC_CITY

I've been seeing his name included in a lot of threads lately but I'd hate to see this guy go. He's only 24 years old, has improved tremendously each season and is one of our rare 'homegrown talents'.

With the acquisition of Ryan Stanton, some view Tanev as expendable. I however view him as the future of our blueline. I see Tanev being a Dan Hamhuis type for the next 10 years, which would be the prime of his playing career. He's already (arguably) our best Dman defensively and looks like a lock to be a top pairing Dman in the very near future.

So the question is...if the Jets GM comes a callin...and they absolutely have to have Tanev. Would you do it?

I'd say no. I'd rather overpay with our prospects/picks/players then give up on Tanev. I don't see him winning a Norris trophy any time soon, but neither will Buff and Kane isn't winning the Art Ross anytime soon. Tanev will be money in the playoffs!

Thoughts?

Edit: To be clear, I'd obviously trade Tanev for Kane 1 for 1 but we all know that would NEVER happen. l'm talking about him as the centerpiece of a much larger deal.

I know some people are going to tease me for posting in this thread cause you all know how much I love Tanev and cause I am a girl you assume its for other reasons. Its not. This kid is awesome. He is probably our most defensive D men, has really good hockey sense-and really seems to be picking up his game this year. He is also super young, and we have to think of our future. Why would we trade this stud D man away just because we have another young guy who plays a similar style to Tanev? Why would we not try to improve both of their games and keep them both? If we are going to trade a D away it should be one of our older guys not the younger ones.

So no Don't trade Tanev. I wouldn't even trade him for E. KANE.

Yes. We have too many defensemen, not enough spots (Unless you want to scratch some of the good ones)

Bieksa, Garrison, Edler, Hamhuis and then we have Stanton, Tanev, Corrado(if hes ready) and Alberts (We all know that he wont be in the top 6 ;) )

So unless we trade one of our "Big 4", then we wont have enough space to sign him.

I've been seeing his name included in a lot of threads lately but I'd hate to see this guy go. He's only 24 years old, has improved tremendously each season and is one of our rare 'homegrown talents'.

With the acquisition of Ryan Stanton, some view Tanev as expendable. I however view him as the future of our blueline. I see Tanev being a Dan Hamhuis type for the next 10 years, which would be the prime of his playing career. He's already (arguably) our best Dman defensively and looks like a lock to be a top pairing Dman in the very near future.

So the question is...if the Jets GM comes a callin...and they absolutely have to have Tanev. Would you do it?

I'd say no. I'd rather overpay with our prospects/picks/players then give up on Tanev. I don't see him winning a Norris trophy any time soon, but neither will Buff and Kane isn't winning the Art Ross anytime soon. Tanev will be money in the playoffs!

Thoughts?

Edit: To be clear, I'd obviously trade Tanev for Kane 1 for 1 but we all know that would NEVER happen. l'm talking about him as the centerpiece of a much larger deal.

no way, he and stanton are the future of our D, need to be concerned about the future as well...

next year this team will have a great deal of cap room if they buy out booth and consider trading one of their other dmen...or a forward (hansen/higgins)

there is no need, this is not our year anyways...the kid is a gem

kane doesnt reqlly interest me. Hes from Vancouver which is neat i guess, but the baggage that comes with him isnt worth it. if theres someone we could use from the jets its byfuglien.hed be perfect with the Sedins and he can play anywhere in the lineup.

Archived