The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What Type of Player is Dustin Brown?

Honestly... I hate his guts. He's a rat and I can't wait till someone other than kesler fights him.

That being said... I do respect the fact that he fought kes.

He's less of a rat than marchand or Keith.

He fought Morrow and Doan in previous years too. He's a terrible fighter which is why he rarely does it.

The two plays people repeatedly point to when it comes to Brown's "kneeing" record are the hits on Rozival and Hertle. If you watch both hits in slow mo, you'll see that Brown never moved his leg. In fact, Rozival suffered a bruised thigh and there was full body contact on that play. This talk of Brown being a guy who knees other players is a complete myth.

totally, well except for all the evidence of him doing it over and over.

Agreed, with your opening sentence, but it does not justify him being a dirty player. That's like saying he's good because he tries to hurt people. He's a glorified Sestito with better hands. We dominate the Oilers but I still really dislike Hall for the same reasons as Brown. Would I ever want either on the Canucks, no. Why?

1. If Brown pulled these stunts with the Canucks he'd be suspended more than Raffi Torres

2. The media would be all over him.

3. The refs would kick him out of every game.

If that was Kesler who ran Brown the way Nolan ran Henrik, Shanaban would have given Kesler 5 and the refs would have given him a game misconduct.

Please refer to him as Power Rat from now on.

Well I've addressed the two incidents that people keep bringing up. Plays where he didn't even move his leg from it's path. I'd like you to show me how he's done it over and over.

Because you NEED to extend your knee to make sure its a knee-on-knee hit? Hardly. There's evidence of him purposefully targeting players knees, just because you disagree with the methodology of kneeing, doesn't mean it's not true. He treads the line of whats allowed and not allowed very well and very carefully .

I wouldn't classify him as a PWF, more of an agitator that can put up decent numbers offensively. I like the term power rat though.

43056d1351203436t-chatter-where-everybody-knows-your-name-i-can-count-potato.png

Because you NEED to extend your knee to make sure its a knee-on-knee hit? Hardly. There's evidence of him purposefully targeting players knees, just because you disagree with the methodology of kneeing, doesn't mean it's not true. He treads the line of whats allowed and not allowed very well and very carefully .

I've never, in all my years watching hockey seen a guy be accused of kneeing when he DIDN'T extend his leg. The only time one could argue that he did that was on Schwartz which should have been a minor penalty. Rozival's was full body contact which resulted in a bruised thigh and Hertle's was an accident. Something the Sharks announcers agreed on. Ovechkin and even Edler have more suspensions from taking guys knees out than Brown yet you don't accuse them of this stuff. Yes, he treads the line, but to his credit and for all his physicality, he rarely crosses it which is why he just received his very first suspension less than a year ago.

Except intentionally injuring other players with career threatening injuries...

You're response to: "he does what it takes to win...no harm in doing this" ..... is the difference between being a player who may win...& a player who has the full respect of one's peers as a player & as a person. Chris Pronger, Ulf Sammuelsson, Claude Lemieux, & even Mark Messier are categorized as winners. Hmmmm...are they really?

True winners from the NHL, are revered in hockey.... & in life. Former players like Joe Sakic, Steve Yzerman, Bobby Orr, Ken Dryden, Peter Forsberg, Nicklas Lidstrom, Wayne Gretzky & Mario Lemieux - are all winners held in great esteem. If Dustin Brown had been the guy responsible for taking.....let's say, a future Bobby Orr... out of hockey with a career-ending cheap shot.....would so many still be eager to sing his praises - I wonder? Just like with Chris Pronger.... if Brownie wants to continually play over the edge & live by the sword (permissibly apparently - as certain players are suspension-dodgers with impunity... thanks to a hi-jacked & ineffectual DPS)...well - we may see him die by that sword, too. Lady Karma's a bitch!

It's all about the lines you would cross.... or the kind of character you would demonstrate in key situations. To be a model for the sport & play the game within the rules with honour...OR break all the rules with pre-meditation & become a serial cheater...win lose or draw.

One will have to live with the consequences of one's actions forever....& so must the legacy one leaves behind for the next generation of players, hockey fans & your posterity to judge. Afterall - it's just a game...right?

Yes...Power Rat - totally fits this player's profile.

Well I've addressed the two incidents that people keep bringing up. Plays where he didn't even move his leg from it's path. I'd like you to show me how he's done it over and over.

Okay, not address the rest of them...

You gave me a reason to post these again, lol...

This is the kind of player Dustin Brown is..

dustinknee.gif

dustin-brown.gif?w=500&h=253

brownelbow.gif

hockey.gif

eatice.gif

hhit.gif

Brown.gif

tumblr_inline_mls3i4JBnT1qz4rgp.gif

Brown is a rat. He gets away with too much, as evidenced by that user on this forum showed in those clips. He doesn't play the game with sportsmanship, thinks he's the greatest player on earth. LA is kopitars team anyway.If I was playing hockey, I would high stick his ugly face, & leave a scar, & knock out a few teeth. Hit him a bunch of times, let him know, that hey I won't stand for you rats.

Other rats include: Marchand, Avery, Kane, Thornton(Boston), kaleta, & more. If u can name more go ahead.

Tbh, I love what he brings to the table. I remember his check at center ice on Henrik during playoffs (if I remember correctly)

many if his "hits" are borderline. all the flying elbows and knees probably even suspendable. But as long as star players get special treatment from Shanny (ie. Weber, Nash and Brown just to name a few) there really is no incentive for him to change his game.

He's not having a good season and his two games against us have mostly been the exception. He is a very dirty player in that he plays to injure people at times. He plays with a lack of respect.

I think one reason he's gotten off for things is he gets to wear the C. My view is they Kings give it to him for that reason, is it allows him to play that kind of game and get away with it.

It's funny because there was a post on HF last night stating that the Kings are a mirror image of their captain, dirty and dive a lot. One of the responses to this was 'Is that why the Canucks are such pushovers'?

I can't help but see the truth in this comment. Just some food for thought.

Pushovers eh? I think they need to rewatch the LA-VAN game.

Brown is a rat. He gets away with too much, as evidenced by that user on this forum showed in those clips. He doesn't play the game with sportsmanship, thinks he's the greatest player on earth. LA is kopitars team anyway.If I was playing hockey, I would high stick his ugly face, & leave a scar, & knock out a few teeth. Hit him a bunch of times, let him know, that hey I won't stand for you rats.

Other rats include: Marchand, Avery, Kane, Thornton(Boston), kaleta, & more. If u can name more go ahead.

Which one?

Archived