The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[RUMOURS] Daily TSN Trade Rumours.

Warhippy

I'm reading some of you posting about steve ott and how he doesn't score and what not, You people need to remember, it's not about what the Canucks need or their "wish list", they can only trade for who is available....if the player they feel is the PERFECT fit isn't available, they will simply have to over pay.

Yes Ott isn't going to score 30 goals for us, and he isn't a top 6 forward, but on Dallas he was a heck of a 3rd line Center, a heck of one. He isn't the most discipline player, but he wins draws, can kills penalties and is capable of putting up 30-40 points, he is gritty, and yet you people complain that we are interested in him? Give me a break, it's too hard to please Canucks fans.

And yes he will be a rental, but I don't think he would be that hard to extend... and yes Horvat might be ready next year, but I honestly feel that an experiences third line player like Ott is the better option over Horvat for next year.

Anyways, I like Ott because it wouldn't take an arm and a leg to get him. Because we have Horvat in the system, I would do:

Gaunce straight up for Ott, only reason is because Horvat probably won't be ready to be a top 6 forward as projected for a couple more years at least.

Gaunce for Ott?? Are you out of your mind? Even if we do get Ott re-signed I wouldn't touch that trade with a 10 foot pole. The max I would trade for Ott is a 2nd round pick and a lesser prospect.

If we re-sign him we will have no use or need for Gaunce or Horvat with the big club next season is the issue.

Sedin

Kesler

Santorelli

Richardson

Schroeder

Ott

Redundancy, it was one of the things that kept us from bringing up rookies previously was that we'd rent someone sign someone or trade for someone and our youth would sit in Manitoba, Chicago or Utica. Ott as a rental...I am on the fence about, as a re-signing at his age and at his declining production ya. Our needs are much higher than the bottom 6

It does allow them to potentially put Kes on the wing

Dan Hank Kassian

Kesler Horvat Burrows

Hig Ott Santo

Hansen Rich Sestito

Or something along those lines

I'm reading some of you posting about steve ott and how he doesn't score and what not, You people need to remember, it's not about what the Canucks need or their "wish list", they can only trade for who is available....if the player they feel is the PERFECT fit isn't available, they will simply have to over pay.

Yes Ott isn't going to score 30 goals for us, and he isn't a top 6 forward, but on Dallas he was a heck of a 3rd line Center, a heck of one. He isn't the most discipline player, but he wins draws, can kills penalties and is capable of putting up 30-40 points, he is gritty, and yet you people complain that we are interested in him? Give me a break, it's too hard to please Canucks fans.

And yes he will be a rental, but I don't think he would be that hard to extend... and yes Horvat might be ready next year, but I honestly feel that an experiences third line player like Ott is the better option over Horvat for next year.

Anyways, I like Ott because it wouldn't take an arm and a leg to get him. Because we have Horvat in the system, I would do:

Gaunce straight up for Ott, only reason is because Horvat probably won't be ready to be a top 6 forward as projected for a couple more years at least.

If I am going to overpay in this current market, it is NOT going to be for Ott who is trending down season by season and might be a 4th line C next season

Before you guys go nuts on me for saying I would trade Gaunce for Ott...i only do it if we can extend him. Absolutely zero chance without an extension.

I would rather give up our 1st as a conditional if he re-signs this year.

Remember Buffalo set the bar pretty damned high in terms of rentals with the Vanek trade. Ottawa didn't help with Ryan

This years draft has some players like Ritchie and Tuch in our draft area that would really help this organizations depth moving forward. rather keep the picks and not lose Gaunce for a guy who history shows us, once rented will walk away at seasons end.

Need I remind everyone of our C rental history over the last few seasons?

Pahlsson for picks Walked

Roy for Connauton and pick walked

Someone posted who was picked with our picks not to long ago. Rather have that depth right now....

I'd like this pinned as well, you could use spoilers for daily trade rumours so we wouldn't have to look through a wall of text.

I prefer reading TSN over Eklund any day

The toronto sports network is pretty much the same as ekland except a much bigger audience, but let's get this straight shall we? I think most canucks management,media, and fans are hyper aware that 3rd n 4th line aren't bad at all. However it's the same story of a top 6 forward we need, hasn't changed and probably won't change until next season. Which team has one that will give one up before the end of the season? In the meantime it's redundant rumours...

SO tired of the fixation on finding bottom six players. This team is FILLED with solid bottom six players and role players, when this team has clearly needed scoring and skill for years. Management's goal should only be striving for gaining top six scoring and that alone. Adding more bottom six role players will just stretch this problem and continue our lack of scoring and clutter this team even more.

Gaunce for Ott?? Are you out of your mind? Even if we do get Ott re-signed I wouldn't touch that trade with a 10 foot pole. The max I would trade for Ott is a 2nd round pick and a lesser prospect.

why would I be out of my mind? Go look up Gaunce online, and read some reviews on the kid. He isn't a top prospect and he many scouts think of him as a potential third line center, and isn't that what ott is right now? Gaunce doesn't have good enough skating and that's why he might not pan out as a top 6 forward in the future.

So basically we are trading a potentially very solid third line Center for an already very solid third line C...so why am I out of my mind?

you said a second round pick...Gaunce was a later first round pick in a weak draft....and you still hate that trade?

ott would be a sweet pickup. he would be so valueable in the torts system. the guy definatley makes us a tougher team to play against and crashes the crease better than anyone on our roster. that folks is how goals are scored in those tight low scoring playoff games.

you said a second round pick...Gaunce was a later first round pick in a weak draft....and you still hate that trade?

But.

If Gaunce is a 3rd line C for the future of this team. Why trade him for a guy who most likely walks at seasons end? Then we are just looking for a 3rd line C all over again :picard:

why would I be out of my mind? Go look up Gaunce online, and read some reviews on the kid. He isn't a top prospect and he many scouts think of him as a potential third line center, and isn't that what ott is right now? Gaunce doesn't have good enough skating and that's why he might not pan out as a top 6 forward in the future.

So basically we are trading a potentially very solid third line Center for an already very solid third line C...so why am I out of my mind?

And here I thought Kesler's "ceiling" was 3rd line center also and here we are

Archived