The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks’ Sestito to Kings’ Nolan: “[You're] Gonna Fight Me”

TheRussianRocket.

Great to see Tostitos making that POS Nolan answer for his actions. Kesler and Bieksa looked great also answering the bell in their fights. Edler was throwing some very solid hits and it was great to see him out there. Does Kassian throw body checks any more or what?

Great to see Tostitos making that POS Nolan answer for his actions. Kesler and Bieksa looked great also answering the bell in their fights. Edler was throwing some very solid hits and it was great to see him out there. Does Kassian throw body checks any more or what?

Kassian was in the box for most of the game 2 ten minute minsconducts...i think the refs got a bit worried he was going to rip someone's head off and piss down their neck..

Sestito is actually a decent hockey player. The thing he lacks is NHL speed, but I'm sure he can work on some stuff and lean down a bit. He's still young. If you watch him play, he doesn't do dumb drop passes like Kassian. He usually makes the smart play out of the zone. If Torts continues to trust him, this might boost his confidence and become the player we've always wanted

Kassian was in the box for most of the game 2 ten minute minsconducts...i think the refs got a bit worried he was going to rip someone's head off and piss down their neck..

The refs tried to neuter the Canucks right away because they wee playing too rough.

Funny how other teams seem to get away with that stuff.

The refs tried to neuter the Canucks right away because they wee playing too rough.

Funny how other teams seem to get away with that stuff.

The refs tend to do that when we play against our heated rivals. People wonder why we're tagged as a soft team, well the reffing in that game showed why. When we fight back we're either buried in penalties or our tough guys get misconducts for no reason.

You knew the refs was going to try and neutralize the Canucks before the game even started. One of the ref skated to Kassian and gave him a warning for starting at Brown...

What I liked about that game is we didn't let the refs try and control us we kept the physicality up even with Sestito gone and Kassian serving his misconducts.

I like how Kassian and Mitchell both got 10 minute misconducts for just slight pushes after the whistle. That doesn't warrant a 10 minute misconduct. 2 minutes both for roughing max or don't call jack at all

I'd like to defend the refs on this one.

At this point, tensions were high. Every single person watching that game WOULD NOT have been shocked if there was a suspendable action upcoming.

That was the right thing to do IMO, and it was a good message to both benches that the refs were done with it. I think this was a bit more than halfway through the second right? It did slow down a bit after that IIRC, and then stopped completely near the end..

Sestito is a monster, I'm so glad he's on our team. He really turned up his level of play, an excellent 4th liner.

Meanwhile Weise is playing as if he's still in the Dutch league, Dale has been so frustrating to watch. Doesn't hit, fight, or put up points, at this point I would just sit him in the press box.

Sestito is a monster, I'm so glad he's on our team. He really turned up his level of play, an excellent 4th liner.

Meanwhile Weise is playing as if he's still in the Dutch league, Dale has been so frustrating to watch. Doesn't hit, fight, or put up points, at this point I would just sit him in the press box.

Been saying this since day one.

Worse than that, Dale has ZERO hockey iq. He makes so many bonehead plays.

I'd like to defend the refs on this one.

At this point, tensions were high. Every single person watching that game WOULD NOT have been shocked if there was a suspendable action upcoming.

That was the right thing to do IMO, and it was a good message to both benches that the refs were done with it. I think this was a bit more than halfway through the second right? It did slow down a bit after that IIRC, and then stopped completely near the end..

While that seems plausible, why weren't Kesler and Nolan given ten minute misconducts too (I believe late in the 2nd or early 3rd)? Kes gave a small tap and Nolan retaliated with a more violent push. That in itself was much worse than the Kassian/Mitchell incident. Either send them both off for 2 minutes and let them deal with it and manage the game better or don't call anything at all. I think at that point, both teams realized there was still a hockey game to play and that it was looking like next goal was going to win it, which it did so that was probably why things settled down

he was a 3rd rounder and got 42 goals in junior...people dont realize that..he has talent but given his size and toughness, teams pigeon holed him as the enforcer.

as a result, players lose a bit of their timing/hands because they just aren't in positions to be offensive and develop them at all...as we all know, players need ice, lots of it, and offensive zone time to develop their skill (ie why so many have been begging for kassian on the top 2).

One thing I noticed from some of his video in junior was he was much 'leaner'....and his skating actually looked great for a big man.

With torts suggesting earlier in the year his fitness wasn't there, i wonder what an offseason with Kassian's guy would do for him...running, leaning up etc...sure he needs to keep weight to play his toughness role but if you have a guy who's his size and 219 vs 228, faster and can actually get to the net and still fight...

well...jesus..there is alot more in this guy i think...

agree with you on the improvement, seems he saw the 4th line competition as a kick in the butt to work harder, whereas Weise took a kick in the butt and just ignored it...

Except Tostito is well over 240.

The roster sheet in the game package for a game I went to a couple weeks ago had him listed at 246.

A gamer, but can't fight worth beans... Bring in Matt Carkner

goon dmen are a bad idea. unless you have a top pairing capable of playing 30 minutes every night, you can't afford to have a guy on the back end that's a liability at anything more than 5 minutes per game, with the rest split between the bench and the box.

I will admit to you guys/gals that I hated Sestito for our team but he has really worked his way up our team ranks, he has really grown on me, he has a great attitude and is willing to stick up for our guys, what more can you ask for

PS Sestito if you are reading this, everytime you score please do the mocking dance you did when Yakupov scored

Archived