The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] ANA - 1/15/14 - 7:30PM

Strombone1

This game is really important. We're still at only one win through what, ten games against the California teams this season? I wasn't as happy against the Kings with the morale victory, because I really don't expect it to carry on. If we want to establish the fact that we can go at it with these teams, we absolutely NEED to do that these next two games.

I'm really hoping for a GOOD win, and not some half-assed game where we're out-shot like 35-17. Maybe now I do understand the wanting for Steve Ott. He'd be good in these games. Same with O'Reilly.

We established ourselves under Torts' system, and now it's to prove that we can play with the big boys. Please guys, we know it's there now! I know it's not a marquee game, but I'm really pumped to see what happens this game! Let's go BOYS!!!

This is going to be the toughest game of the season but the Canucks have started building an identity for themselves in the last two playoff-like games. Playing tough and not giving up much. I expect the best game of the season against the Ducks.

2-1 Canucks in OT, streak keeps going but we get a very tough win, expect some injuries from this one.

I'm going 5-3 Ducks win. They are just ridiculous at home and with the amounts of injuries we have and how the Sedins have been struggling I just don't see us getting over the top.

I'm expecting the Higgins/Kesler/Santo line to have a solid game with 2 goals and 1 from the first line. Go Canucks Go!

Canucks would be better off not trying to rile up Correy/Getzlaf and just play a simple road game and try to steal some points. Those guys always play better once you piss them off (let sleeping giants sleep).

Despite the Ducks stellar record, their PP is only running at 16.4%, putting them just one spot above the Canucks and they're also mid-pack in terms of PK%. But they are 2nd in the league with a 1.48 in terms of 5-on-5 GF/GA.

Keys again for the Canucks will be faceoffs; keeping the Ducks from starting with the puck, getting the first goal, and not letting the Ducks come through the neutral zone with speed and numbers. The last 40 minutes of the last tilt against the Ducks saw Vancouver turning pucks over at, or just inside, the Ducks zone and that made it way too easy for counter-attacks.

So far we have a Leaf expecting 1 win in 6 games...I don't care who we are playing or how many injuries we have - that's just not good enough to be competitive in the Western conference.

There's 9 games left this month.

They need to win at least 8 of them. Maybe even 9.

Go Canucks GO!

Archived