The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Minus button

DrChill

I pretend to not have a Reddit so people won't ask which subreddits I'm subscribed to.

Dat karma tho

Word up. I have never gone wild (?) over reddit nor have I ever seen what they call a lady boner(?). But I do love that AMA sometimes especially with the mythbusters when they sat and answered questions for like 6 solid hours.

Slowly trending more to Imgur though....they have an AWESOME - button system

Another thing I noticed is that people are no longer accountable for terrible posts.

Once you start building a rep, you think twice about ripping into someone or making a troll statement.

It should be 1,000 minus' = ban.

The people decide.

Haha, thanks for saving me from the ones I spoke of

Probably would have got banned

If we had a -button, or whatever, then people would just be doing that, instead of posting what they want. This is for opinions, and if someone doesn't agree, then they have the freedom to say, and post there reason, & opinion. Ya there r some threads that r stupid, like the majority of white noise, and after the canucks loose, but whatver, free forum. GO CANUCKS!

But what if there are immature posters that neg anything and everything say Bruins or Hawks related because that's just what you're supposed to do as a Canucks fan?

"Their jerseys aren't too bad"

Bam, 300 negs. A comment or two more like that, they could be banned.

And that right there is why I think the negative button was taken away to begin with and won't be brought back. There are a lot of posters on here who have no problem getting into a heated debate over this or that, but won't minus each other over it because they are being respectful. However, there are tons of people here that would negative someone simply because someone mentions that Dustin Brown plays a hard fought game.

But what if there are immature posters that neg anything and everything say Bruins or Hawks related because that's just what you're supposed to do as a Canucks fan?

"Their jerseys aren't too bad"

Bam, 300 negs. A comment or two more like that, they could be banned.

Exactly: the +/- becomes a popularity / bully tool.

I was trying to give everyone in this thread a plus +1 but then I ran out of pluses.

I demand more daily pluses.

I like the minus system though I would make a change to it. Instead of the number being universal I would have a tracker that says how many times it was given a plus and how many times it was given a minus. As well as the same system recorded on each users profile.

Paragon and Renegade actions just don't mix yo.

Archived