The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

So this is the effect of losing Luongo

Makall

Lets face it, Burrows and Luongo are the real leaders of this team.

Who has stepped up more in big games than these two?

Burrows was the Canucks leading 5 on 5 goal scorer from 2009-2013. Gee, I wonder if him missing 30 games might be part of why the Canucks have struggled to score goals.

Ah, you're one of those moral victory guys. We played one of our best games of the season and we still lost.

No moral victory at all. But it was still one of the best games we played of the year.

You do understand that it is possible to play a good game and lose right?

Canucks prospect Ben hutton is up for the hobey baker award for top NCAA player, and currently sitting in 2th spot behind by a 100 votes. Hutton has had an amazing year so far and has been amazing in every game i've seen him play in, and is very deserving of this award. With Canuck nation behind him he may be able to win the award too. you can vote once every day.

http://hobeybaker.co...rial-award/vote

I'm not sold that Burr is the answer either. I feel him and Hansen are 2 guys that Torts will see their defensive ability and get all giddy and completely forget they have offence too that this team desperately needs. Just compare their ppg with the last few seasons. Burr wasn't producing under Torts neither is Hansen and they were 3rd and 4th on the team in points last year. Talk about missing secondary scoring there it is.

I don't get the Olympics part, unless you're implying Luo is sitting out so he is ok for the Olympics (remember in '98 and '02 when a lot of countries including Canada were having trouble getting guys to really want to be apart of the games?? Crazy how it's changed.)

But I do agree that the Canucks play better with him on the ice. Lacks been great, and Henrik might wear the C now, but Luongo is still a leader on that team in the dressing room.

This.

I'm not sold that Burr is the answer either. I feel him and Hansen are 2 guys that Torts will see their defensive ability and get all giddy and completely forget they have offence too that this team desperately needs. Just compare their ppg with the last few seasons. Burr wasn't producing under Torts neither is Hansen and they were 3rd and 4th on the team in points last year. Talk about missing secondary scoring there it is.

That's what I was saying what little offence we had last year is gone too with torts

Of course, but when your consistently on the losing end of those good games then something isn't right.

I agree and disagree. We have had many good games that we have won however one thing i will give Torts full marks for is knowing that just because we won doesn't mean we played a good game. He has recognized a fundamental problem with this team which was just playing for the win and not playing with heart. If there is one thing I will say Torts did better than AV as an AV supporter it that the losses are more watchable because the team seems to still care until the last second. The victories are sweeter and in general win or loose there is more passion which is what this team lacked to be champions.

In all due respect to all involved.

Burrows and Hansen are the typical 3rd line wingers that win Cups. Defensively responsible and with a flair for the net, they could really benefit from playing with Richardson who is no slouch either.

It's the top six that need help. For YEARS now have the Canucks been dependent on the Sedins' scoring, benefiting from a Burrows who was in a spot designed by AV to maximize all three playing on that line. Burrows lost his place on the 1st line and the success the line has had under AV might never be again. That is one example of of the unforeseen costs of changing coaching philosophy.

Conversely, the top six could both, get their act together, and get some help. One thing for sure, the Canucks need a 2C as soon as possible. Kesler is much better off at wing but can also play center. But as Darryl Sutter has said; "you can never have enough centers".

That extra offensive piece that the Canucks would always have. That's what the Pacific teams have. That extra talent that makes everyone better. That extra 1/2 point per game...

As far as the Luongo question regarding success; that's what happens when a team relies on a rookie goaltender. I for one, am extremely glad the Canucks decided to keep Luongo and trade Schneider to the Devils. Luongo is this team. Let's appreciate the man, the player and the subsequent success while it lasts.

hard to say, Lack has been good in most games.

however, the performance of the past weeks show lack of leadership among the players. I think Lui is part of the leadership group. we don't know whats in the locker room, but he was a captain of the team before. Lack is a rookie, and I doubt he will speak out in the locker room.

Archived