The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[proposal] Colorado - Vancouver (forget ROR)

apollo

Ok ROR would be nice... but no freaking way that guy is worth 6.5 next year. I wouldn't give any of our top 4 dman for him... just not worth it if you ask me.

To Colorado

Hamhuis

Lain

4th round pick 2014

Now hear me out... yes I know we all love him and he has NTC. Home town boy and just got on team Canada.

His value is as HIGH AS IT CAN BE WITH THE SELECTION. I seriously don't think he can handle the pressure of playing for his home town. He hasn't been good since the LA series in 2012.

To Vancouver

Duchene

He signed a long term deal... fair cap hit.

This is a major shake up. If the players agree to moving then it'll be good for everyone.

I don't think I'm over valuing Hammer here... Hes a team canada dman and Duchene is a team canada forward. We need offense and they need defense.

For the record I wouldn't do edler or Hamhuis for ROR. Just not worth it.

Thank you. I needed a good laugh. Duchene isn't going anywhere. He's an Av for life. That's a terrible package as well. It wouldn't even get you O'Reilly.

Hamhuis made team canada over letang and Seabrook. What are you laughing about?

Hamhuis made team canada over letang and Seabrook. What are you laughing about?

So? Duchene made team canada over Thornton, Seguin, Giroux, St. Louis, Hall, and Couture. There is literally no incentive to trade him. If not for coming back from injury too soon he would be over a p/g right now and he still has scored at a higher rate than any Canuck. He's not going anywhere. He loves being an Av. It was literally his dream to play for them. Did you not see how excited he was when Tampa took Hedman instead because it meant he was going to Colorado? The Avs will not trade their franchise player.

Edit: Even if we imagine an insane hypothetical world where he is available he's not going to Vancouver. The Canucks don't have the pieces to get him. The package would need to include young stars that can contribute to them being a playoff team right now. They would also have to overpay as much if not more than a division rival. The fanbase would literally revolt if he was ever traded to the Canucks.

Not even sure COlorado takes that offer for O'Reilly. Imagine Duchene lol

So you says a potential Kesler type player is not worth our one of our top 4 D ??? Ryan O'Reilly is even better offensively than Kesler was at 25.....and he's only 22.

With cap going up, O'Reilly will be a bargain at 6M, 6.5M in a few years.

sooooo ain't happening...

insanely bad deal for COL for starters

and hamhuis didn't take less money to sign with VAN just so he can get shipped to colorado...so a.) he ain't waving NTC, and b.) nobody will ever sign a hometown discount with VAN again

Don't think he deserved a penny more at the time he signed. He's earned it and then some now.

We can add a little more to the deal but I really think everyone is under valuing hammer

Honestly I think you guys are under valuing Hamhuis...

In my opinion he's the best part of our #1 PK. And our PK over the past 3 years.

Hamhuis is a good player and a pretty good trade piece. If he were willing to waive then I would have more interest in him than Edler in a package for O'Reilly. However Lain and a 4th won't get it done as additional pieces. It needs to be something like Hansen and a decent prospect or pick (one that can be packaged with McGinn to another team for another D).

Is it just me or is that more than I'd want to give?

EDIT: I agree that I don't think the Avs want to trade Duchene, but I disagree that wouldn't get O'Reilly considering he has a very rich qualifying offer and there was trouble negotiating his last deal.

Hamhuis is a good player and a pretty good trade piece. If he were willing to waive then I would have more interest in him than Edler in a package for O'Reilly. However Lain and a 4th won't get it done as additional pieces. It needs to be something like Hansen and a decent prospect or pick (one that can be packaged with McGinn to another team for another D).

Hmmm who would you add to make it even for Duchene?

Let's forget Lain and 4th. What do you think would even the scale?

Possibly Hansen? He doesn't seem to be as effective under torts.

Would you trade Kesler for Hamhuis, HAnsen, Lain and a 4th ??? Duchene is much younger and has much more offensive potential, therefore he has more value than Kesler.

Would you trade Kesler for Hamhuis, HAnsen, Lain and a 4th ??? Duchene is much younger and has much more offensive potential, therefore he has more value than Kesler.

Not to the canucks. We don't need more dman.

This trade addresses both teams needs.

Honestly I think my deal is fair... Hamhuis made team canada for a reason over letang... Seabrook...

Maybe we'd have to add a little more but that's about it.

Edit. To answer your question yes I would in a heartbeat if my team needed defense like Colorado does.

Nothing. Vancouver does not have the pieces to get him. A bunch of mediocre players and futures won't cut it.

Edit: You won't be able to get any of Duchene, Landy, or Mack for a package centred around Hamhuis, Edler, or Tanev.

Is it just me or is that more than I'd want to give?

EDIT: I agree that I don't think the Avs want to trade Duchene, but I disagree that wouldn't get O'Reilly considering he has a very rich qualifying offer and there was trouble negotiating his last deal.

Hammer would easily fetch ROR. No way I'd do the deal though.

Seriously don't see how people are under rating hammer this much.

Duchene is going nowhere...avs would never move him unless its absurd...so it has nothing to do with Hammer.

However, the only move that would ever get a young sniper like that would be a great young dman if they were so inclined but they are not..(ie someone like Subban).....

That being said, he is the leader of that team. They have 2 centers they will move before him (and would never move him anyways) those being Stastny and O'Reilly.

Duchene and McKinnon are there for life, they are the avs new Sakic and Forsberg...so the idea is kind of moot

Ok ROR would be nice... but no freaking way that guy is worth 6.5 next year. I wouldn't give any of our top 4 dman for him... just not worth it if you ask me.

To Colorado

Hamhuis

Lain

4th round pick 2014

To Vancouver

Duchene

Three faults in this proposal.

1. ROR will not be worth $6.5M next season, but if we sign him to a long-term 6-7 year deal that sees him locked up at that cap hit through his prime, it will well be worth it 3 seasons into the contract and may even be a steal with the cap going up each year. Proposing an alternative trade on the premise that ROR isn't worth $6.5M is not a very convincing.

2. We cannot trade Hamhuis, not because of the NTC, but because of common sense. Firstly, Hamhuis is our best shutdown defenseman. Secondly, Hamhuis is a hometown player who took a paycut to come to Vancouver. Garrison followed his footsteps a couple years afterwards. However, imagine if, prior to Garrison deciding to sign here, that we traded Hamhuis away. Garrison would have thought twice about coming home to play for a discount when he sees that clearly, the Canucks organization does not respect a player leaving money on the table to play at home and trade him, in which case he's forced to play at a lower pay in a city he didn't want to that he probably could have charged a whole lot more as a UFA.

3. Matt Duchene is not available. Ever. It's called being a franchise player.

Archived