The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Top Video Game Character Tournament - Round 2 - Cloud/Mario Divisions

Master Mind

23 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I don't want Mario to win another tourney either, but I'll save my anti-Mario votes for when/if he's up against an opponent with a bit more character to them :lol:

Sometimes actions speak in thunderstorms compared to words. That's the case with almost all silent protagonists in gaming. It is something gamers can relate to. Hence why I am voting Link. That and LoZ OoT was my first ever video game when I was 5.

Sometimes actions speak in thunderstorms compared to words. That's the case with almost all silent protagonists in gaming. It is something gamers can relate to. Hence why I am voting Link. That and LoZ OoT was my first ever video game when I was 5.

I can understand that to an extent. I find that some silent protagonists are better than others, I would vote Link ahead of many others, since his games feel like you're going on an adventure. But Diddy doesn't do it for me, at least not ahead of Mario.

But I'll always prefer characters from games that emphasize the characters, like MGS, or TLoU. When the character development is good I just can't ignore it.

Cloud

Yoshi

Mario

Ganondorf.

Cloud is one of those MUST vote characters for me, mostly because I haven't even played any of the Final Fantasy games (yeah, that's gonna sound ironic), but I know him and the story involved with him due to other friends playing etc. and he also looks super badass.

Cloud

Yoshi

Mario

Ganondorf.

Cloud is one of those MUST vote characters for me, mostly because I haven't even played any of the Final Fantasy games (yeah, that's gonna sound ironic), but I know him and the story involved with him due to other friends playing etc. and he also looks super badass.

Hearing all the fuss about Cloud and Sephiroth is what led me to playing FF7 in the first place. Was worth it just for the story/characters alone, especially Cloud.

I can understand that to an extent. I find that some silent protagonists are better than others, I would vote Link ahead of many others, since his games feel like you're going on an adventure. But Diddy doesn't do it for me, at least not ahead of Mario.

But I'll always prefer characters from games that emphasize the characters, like MGS, or TLoU. When the character development is good I just can't ignore it.

You would probably like Star Wars Knights Of The old Republic. That game is basically a movie and the characters are memorable

I still don't get why HK-47 isn't on here

You would probably like Star Wars Knights Of The old Republic. That game is basically a movie and the characters are memorable

I still don't get why HK-47 isn't on here

I've heard lots of good things about it, and I plan on playing it sometime. Looks like something I'd enjoy.

As for HK-47 not being on the list, I didn't think it would be fair to include characters from games that are connected to movies, even if it's just by name.

Archived