The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Bieksa - All Class

NucksCup2015

Much has been debated about the Calgary game, about who's at fault, if Torts will be suspended, the piss poor refereeing (there is a good blog from Kerry Fraser on the TSN site for those who haven't read it - basically saying the refs f'd up, He also states Devorski was out of line the prior game in a different blog..interesting), but I digress.

The point of this thread is simple, to commend Kevin Bieksa for being a leader, sticking up for a rookie, not allowing Calgary to take liberties in our barn.

Few have really discussed the fact that he told Lain to get out of the circle. A defenseman taking a draw because he knew what was coming.

This guy should be wearing the C, plain and simple.

Atta boy Juice...

Like your comments...but I totally respect our current Captain.

Henrik has been a class act...a diplomatic genius ...& he regularly demonstrates the patience of a saint. If Juice were Captain...all of his good humor.... sarcastic quips.... & identity-stealing antics of teammates - might come to a sorry end. He's a great Asst. Captain...but the Captain at times needs to take the high-road when facing a barage of stupid questions... that both home & away media-types toss at ya. Henrik can always be trusted to do that....take the high-road in any sparring match of words with any rep...of any team...& leave 'em all humbled. Henrik is top-notch! Dont believe the propaganda out there....he & his brother have international reputations that have made many hockey-fans around the world....members of Canucks' nation.

Juice? LOL. I just want Juice...to be Juice.

Like your comments...but I totally respect our current Captain.

Henrik has been a class act...a diplomatic genius ...& he regularly demonstrates the patience of a saint. If Juice were Captain...all of his good humor.... sarcastic quips.... & identity-stealing antics of teammates - might come to a sorry end. He's a great Asst. Captain...but the Captain at times needs to take the high-road when facing a barage of stupid questions that both home & away media-types toss your way. Henrik can be always be trusted to do that.... & take the high-road in any sparring match of words with any rep...of any team...& leave 'em all humbled. Henrik is top-notch! Dont beieve the propaganda out there....he & his brother have international reputations that have made many hockey-fans around the world....members of Canucks' nation.

Juice? LOL. I just want Juice...to be Juice.

Diplomatic doesn't win Cups.

Bieksa would make an excellent captain. So would Kesler. But so does Henrik.

Who is wearing the C is irrelevant, because all those players lead in their own way in that locker room already. You don't need a letter to be a leader. Flipping it from one player to another who's already there won't be the difference maker. Bieksa didn't need the C to take that draw for Lain. He leads because he's a leader, not because of a cloth letter.

Much has been debated about the Calgary game, about who's at fault, if Torts will be suspended, the piss poor refereeing (there is a good blog from Kerry Fraser on the TSN site for those who haven't read it - basically saying the refs f'd up, He also states Devorski was out of line the prior game in a different blog..interesting), but I digress.

The point of this thread is simple, to commend Kevin Bieksa for being a leader, sticking up for a rookie, not allowing Calgary to take liberties in our barn.

Few have really discussed the fact that he told Lain to get out of the circle. A defenseman taking a draw because he knew what was coming.

This guy should be wearing the C, plain and simple.

Atta boy Juice...

Great post!

Not that we should displace our current captain. Its awesome to have such leadership behind the team, letter, not, or otherwise.

Hard not to be a fan of Juice...

didn't Lain end up fighting the guy at centre anyway?

Yes.

After the ref seperated Bieksa and Westgarth he just left Westgarth while he took Bieksa away. Then in what I can only describe as an "oh s**t" moment realized what he did let Bieksa go and Westgarth had already found Lain. Bieksa then went and fought Smid iirc.

I think the point being here that Westgarth asked Lain to fight (according to Westgarth) and Bieksa stepped into the faceoff to take that one for a guy about to play his first second in the NHL. I like Bieksa and all but that takes balls because if it turns into a real fight and not a grapple match Bieksa might get some shots in but Westgarth would take him apart.

Bieksa is a real man, and a class act, taking that draw for Lain. People have a warped sense of what the C really does though, Bieksa wouldn't be doing anything different than he already is doing just because he has a cloth letter on his jersey.

Bieksa would make an excellent captain. So would Kesler. But so does Henrik.

Who is wearing the C is irrelevant, because all those players lead in their own way in that locker room already. You don't need a letter to be a leader. Flipping it from one player to another who's already there won't be the difference maker. Bieksa didn't need the C to take that draw for Lain. He leads because he's a leader, not because of a cloth letter.

Exactly, you don't need a letter in order to be a leader on the team.

Props to KB3 though, he tried his best to get in the way for Lain.

I am a fan of Bieksa but this is why some say he really picks his spots. He steps in to take the face off, doesn't answer the bell with Westgarth, skates away and finds an easier mark (Smid) who actually does quite well against KB. He has to know that if a line brawl is going on that Lain will have to dance with someone right?

Edit: meant to quote stelar

This.

KB didnt dance with Westy too long. He he pretty quickly found a lesser partner to "save" JaGar.

Lain ended up with Westy anyway.

KB should have stuck to Westy like glue, tied him up, go down, turtle, takehis licks, etc. Whatever.

Not that impressed really and ive alwaya been a fan.

Classy? Yes. Tough? Yes. But he e is a spotpicker without a doubt.

Did anybody notice that when Torts went after the Flames' locker room, Bieksa snuck around to the other side and can be seen in the back left hand corner in a doorway talking trash to all of the Flames players?? I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw it

Archived