The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

If Playoff Games are Included, Henrik Sedin's Iron Man Streak puts him into 3rd All Time

Master Mind

Playoff games should be included, and after doing some research, this is what I've come up with:

Current Iron Man streaks without playoffs:

1. Doug Jarvis - 964

2. Garry Unger - 914

3. Steve Larmer - 884

4. Craig Ramsay - 776

5. Jay Bouwmeester - 682

6. Henrik Sedin - 679

Include playoffs, and Henrik's at 754, which puts him ahead of Bouwmeester.

However, Ramsay missed a game in the 1978 playoffs, and Jarvis missed games in the 1978 and 1979 playoffs, which would end their streaks.

This leaves Henrik in 3rd all time behind only Unger and Larmer.

ironman___henrik_sedin_by_thepuckmonster-d4u8p7g.png

Congratulations to our captain for his incredible accomplishment! :towel::canucks::towel:

Playoff games should definitely count, but we should move forward if the criteria is changed, not look back and recalculate. I hope he comes back hungry. Hanks injury would have likely factored into any decisions made by Torts to ice him in Calgary. Why put him out there healthy let alone injured.

His streak should have been broken - going on the ice for 1 shift isn't an Iron Man.

Still, yes, amazing accomplishment.

As long as it's recorded on the stat sheet that the player actually dressed and stepped on the ice for one second of ice time, it'll be recorded that he played a game regardless of the TOI.

As long as it's recorded on the stat sheet that the player actually dressed and stepped on the ice for one second of ice time, it'll be recorded that he played a game regardless of the TOI.

I don't care. If he didn't have any intention of playing the whole game - then he shouldn't have played.

It's a technicality - and now peeps are arguing that playoff games should be included - that's a technicality as well.

I don't care. If he didn't have any intention of playing the whole game - then he shouldn't have played.

It's a technicality - and now peeps are arguing that playoff games should be included - that's a technicality as well.

I'm sure Henrik isn't the only one who played a short game, and it wasn't even his decision, it was AV's.

And that's not a technicality. A playoff game is a game, and should be counted in the streak. Plus playoff games are often tougher than regular season games so that makes Henrik's streak even more impressive.

I'm sure Henrik isn't the only one who played a short game, and it wasn't even his decision, it was AV's.

And that's not a technicality. A playoff game is a game, and should be counted in the streak. Plus playoff games are often tougher than regular season games so that makes Henrik's streak even more impressive.

Short game? He went out for a skate on one shift.

BTW, I agree on the playoff games - you don't need to convince me.

Archived