The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] MacDonald turns down 4 Year 16 Million Deal.

Well, queue the Edler trade rumours. Snow is smart he ships him out for a solid package pre deadline.

Gillis is smart he then calls Snow offers Edler and a box of Tim Bits for one of Strome/Reinhart/DeHaan and a 1st.

I like McDonalds' play but he is not worth $5 million this season, maybe in a season or two when the cap dictates it but not now

Well, queue the Edler trade rumours. Snow is smart he ships him out for a solid package pre deadline.

Gillis is smart he then calls Snow offers Edler and a box of Tim Bits for one of Strome/Reinhart/DeHaan and a 1st.

I like McDonalds' play but he is not worth $5 million this season, maybe in a season or two when the cap dictates it but not now

I don't see why Edler would waive his NTC to go to the Isles

Really a cornerstone on their D, helping Hamonic shoulder the load. He deserves a raise but I don't know about that much. It's more likely this is just the initial talks (similar to Kadri's rumoured initial ask) and they'll come down and settle on a much more reasonable cap hit over several years.

Really a cornerstone on their D, helping Hamonic shoulder the load. He deserves a raise but I don't know about that much. It's more likely this is just the initial talks (similar to Kadri's rumoured initial ask) and they'll come down and settle on a much more reasonable cap hit over several years.

Example ...Josh Gorges gets 3,9 Million per ...he´s also a Working Horse but he has not MacDonalds Scoring touch

So..may 5 Million are a bit to much...but 4,5 - 4,75 would be okay

I don't see why Edler would waive his NTC to go to the Isles

- A franchise rich in history

- A new arena soon

- Playing with the likes of John Tavares, Thomas Vanek (possibly re-signing now), Kyle Okposo, Travis Hamonic etc

- Would be a leader on the team, a go-to guy which he isn't for us

- Perhaps gain some appreciation from the fans for a change

- New York baby

- More chance of playing in Winter Classics you'd imagine

- International team-mates Lundqvist and Hagelin nearby (so wouldn't necessarily miss the twins)

- Perhaps he'd blossom in the East, rather than the bruising West

Just a few reasons, maybe some of them are wishy-washy, but there are plenty of reasons to waive for an up-and-coming side like the Isles.

- A new arena soon

- Playing with the likes of John Tavares, Thomas Vanek (possibly re-signing now), Kyle Okposo, Travis Hamonic etc

- New York baby

- International team-mates Lundqvist and Hagelin nearby (so wouldn't necessarily miss the twins)

Just a few reasons, maybe some of them are wishy-washy, but there are plenty of reasons to waive for an up-and-coming side like the Isles.

I was just going to post this EXACT thing.

The Isles have so much depth of talent and such solid prospects that they're going to start making some serious noise soon. Hamonic and Edler would be a solid D pairing as well.

Do not forget the East is easier for skating D men, New York is almost 4 hours flight closer to Sweden, and again...New York Baby.

- A new arena soon

- New York baby

- The Oilers are also a franchise rich history, do you think he'd waive for them as well?

- Rogers arena is known around the league to be one of the finest buildings to play hockey in

- He has Lundqvist nearby? lol are you serious?

- I hardly think he has the Winter Classic on his checklist when he's doing Do's and Don'ts to waive for a team

- The East also have Boston, NYR and TML which are also big physical teams

The only reason I can think of why he'd waive to go anywhere is that he's really unhappy here and wants a fresh start. In that case, I can only imagine NYI to be way down on his list of teams he'd go to. Sometimes he'd be happy to waive for would be: St. Louis, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Flyers (maybe), NYR... maybe a couple of other ones. I don't see the Isles as one of those teams.

- A new arena soon

- New York baby

Exactly.

I've never understood the Isles bashing. They had a few joke years, but those are in the past and look poised to be a contender in a few years. Add that into the fact that they're moving to a world class city and have one of the richest histories in the sport, and I would consider them one of the more desirable locations to go play at the moment.

Archived