The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

#FREEBIEBER

PlayStation

FREE BIEBER... Or he may be forced to come back to Canada!!!!! D:

Justin Bieber faces DUI, drag racing charges in Miami arrest

Pop star's Miami arrest the latest in a string of brushes with the law in January

CBC News Posted: Jan 23, 2014 7:22 AM ET Last Updated: Jan 23, 2014 10:48 AM ET

Canadian pop star Justin Bieber has been arrested in Miami Beach and charged with driving under the influence, drag racing and resisting arrest without violence.

Bieber, 19, remains in police custody.

Bieber was nabbed and taken into custody soon after 4 a.m. ET, police said. He was being held at the Miami Beach police station Thursday morning and was to be transported to a jail operated by Miami-Dade County Corrections.

Bieber, who was born in London, Ont., and raised in Stratford, has had several incidents with law enforcement officials in the past month. In Miami, he had been racing a rented, yellow Lamborghini alongside a red Ferrari driven by a friend identified as rhythm and blues singer Khalil.

Justin Bieber arrestedARRESTED For DUI and Drag Racing

At a news conference, Miami Beach police Chief Raymond Martinez said Bieber was "a little belligerent, questioning, using some choice words, why he had been stopped."

Martinez said Bieber was tested and acknowledged that he been smoking marijuana and drinking beer, and had taken a prescription medicine. The chief said he didn't know the nature of the prescription drug. He also said Bieber was using an invalid Georgia driver's licence.

Bieber's blood-alcohol levels weren't released.

Co-operative at station

The racing consisted of going from a standing start on Pine Tree Drive — a residential area where the speed limit is 50 km/h — to approximately 100 km/h, Martinez said.

"Once he was here at the station, he was very co-operative," Martinez said. "We did not have any issues with him."

Bieber had been in the Miami area for a few days and had reportedly been visiting a club on Lincoln Road on Wednesday night.

Earlier reports indicated the musician’s entourage had used their cars to block traffic on Pine Tree Drive at 26th Street, creating a drag strip for Bieber.

Bieber has had an active month with U.S. law enforcement officials.

On Jan. 4, detectives from the Los Angeles Sheriff's Department found drugs and arrested an associate of the singer during a search of Bieber's home. The officers were looking for evidence of an earlier egg-tossing vandalism incident.

Police noted that Bieber, his security and entourage co-operated fully with the search, but did not make an official statement.

The singer was neither arrested nor exonerated in the felony vandalism incident, the Los Angeles Sheriff's Department said.

Bieber lives in a gated community in Calabasas, a celebrity enclave northwest of downtown Los Angeles.

Last October, prosecutors declined to charge Bieber after a neighbour complained he drove recklessly through the area.

In November 2012, prosecutors also declined to charge Bieber when the singer was accused of punching and hitting a man after leaving a Calabasas movie theatre.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/arts/justin-bieber-faces-dui-drag-racing-charges-in-miami-arrest-1.2507735

1. Stalk Bieber

2. Wait until he gets in his car

3. Drive my car in front of his recklessly getting myself T-boned with severe life threatening injuries

4. Lawsuit. He is drunk, drugged, and on horse tranqs while I had a bible in my passenger seat on my way to Bible Study.

5. Profit.

6. Screw the rules, now I gotz monay!

Archived