The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Speculation] Mike Green available

Nessnuck27

I proposed this in in HF's board.

To Van: Green

To Wash: Edler

Both are struggling but offer something different for each team. Van needs a puck moving, right handed, PPQB and Wash needs a better defensive dmen.

I understand the concern with Green's defence but maybe you put him on the 3rd paring with Stanton and give him sheltered 5on5 minutes. Also his contract is only roughly 1.1M higher then Edlers and expires after 2014/2015 season. If he doesn't work out this season then you can trade him as an expiring contract before start of next season.

Would Edler++ for Green and Brouwer be a fair deal?

Sedin - Sedin - Brouwer

Burrows - Kesler - Kassian

Higgins - Schroeder - Hansen

Sestito - Richardson - Santorelli

Booth, Weise

Hamhuis - Green

Garrison - Tanev

Stanton - Bieksa

Weber

Luongo

Lack

I've always thought Brouwer would be perfect for the Sedins.

Garrison > Green in every regard.

In terms of defence? Better by a mile. Offense? Not even close.

Interesting. Both teams are in a similar rut. Something like this?..

Edler, Hansen.

For: Green(they cover 1 mill cap-hit,x2 yrs to balance), Ward, a pick(would it be a 3rd, or is a 2nd necessary?)

We'd acquire 8 mill in cap-hit; Wash would be dinged 7.5 mill. Lose some speed at fwd, but Ward is rugged, & has scored some key PO goals.

In such a deal, I'd view Green as a temporary-contributor, who'd likely move on after 2014-15. With Hamhuis, Garrison & Stanton, I'd prefer to move on from our Edler(2010/11-nostalgia).

Could we do garisson 2/3 for green.

Edler for a top six forward

To Van: Green

To Wash: Edler

Would Edler++ for Green and Brouwer be a fair deal?

Edler, Hansen.

For: Green(they cover 1 mill cap-hit,x2 yrs to balance), Ward, a pick(would it be a 3rd, or is a 2nd necessary?)

Just a 100,000th reminder for the people that want to make up ridiculous trade ideas...

Garrison has a NTC

Edler has a NTC

Hamhuis has a NTC

Beiksa has a NTC

I'm so sick of every half witted proposal saying trade "insert NTC player" for....

Gillis had said 100 times he wont approach a player with a NTC and ask them to waive it. all of our players that have them signed them because they wanted to be here. Get over it!

Just a 100,000th reminder for the people that want to make up ridiculous trade ideas...

Garrison has a NTC

Edler has a NTC

Hamhuis has a NTC

Beiksa has a NTC

I'm so sick of every half witted proposal saying trade "insert NTC player" for....

Gillis had said 100 times he wont approach a player with a NTC and ask them to waive it. all of our players that have them signed them because they wanted to be here. Get over it!

Gillis says a lot of stuff, for the right deal he would absolutely ask them to waive. You act like no players ever get traded with ntc.

I'd offer them garrison+

I wouldn't trade for anyone who has had a concussion, we are seeing first hand what it can do to a career in Daniel, he hasn't been the same. Only player I can think who has bounced back so well is Sidney Crosby.

Archived