The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

going to our first game

sleepy_nite

I am taking my 11 year old granddaughter to the April 5th game against LA. Since we have not been before and do not live in Vancouver, I was wondering a couple things.

1. What is the best time to get there so we can watch the warm-up?

2. Where is the best place to wait after the game for a chance to get an autograph?

We are very excited to be going as we have seats right at the ice. Anything else I should know besides cheering loud??

:)

You just made me smile. I would suggest being there at 6PM (for a 7PM start). Ask an attendant to direct you to where you can get an autograph, even if it was explicitly explained here, it still is tough to navigate the Rog at times.

Have FUN!!!!

Yup, I think doors open at 6 for a 7pm game, and you can go down to the glass to watch the warm ups. If you're interested in autographs you can get there earlier and maybe catch players going in to the parking area, but otherwise I'd suggest contacting the Canucks to see if there's any suggestions they have for you for that specific night.

Not to Hijack your thread but I am going to be in town that day and I have never seen a Canucks game live, I checked the price on tickets though and even on what I make its quite steep, Would seasoned game going fans reccommend it as being worth it for me being from the Interior of BC and not getting to vancouver that often, concidering my wife would be joining me and she's not as much of a hockey fan as I am.

Also Thanks for the Pro tip about the costco food, We do have a card for costro

Not to Hijack your thread but I am going to be in town that day and I have never seen a Canucks game live, I checked the price on tickets though and even on what I make its quite steep, Would seasoned game going fans reccommend it as being worth it for me being from the Interior of BC and not getting to vancouver that often, concidering my wife would be joining me and she's not as much of a hockey fan as I am.

Also Thanks for the Pro tip about the costco food, We do have a card for costro

If you are comfortable with it, try StubHub or some other trustworthy reseller and maybe get some cheaper seats to a non marquis game (i.e. not against Toronto or something where tickets are at a premium) to try out the experience. Coming from Victoria, adding up the proce of tickets, the cost of ferry travel, accommodation, and meals puts Canucks games out of reach for most fans here.

HI!

They call me the "signature lady" because that is exactly what I am. I just love doing it.

Having said that are you coming the day of the game or are you coming the day before? If you are coming the day before, then go to gate 9 at around 8:30am the day of the game because if they practice then you will be luckier to get signatures at that time. Sometimes after the game it is really hard.

Lots of people will be there to tell you what to do. Most of the players drive in at that gate and some walk in. Too bad you weren't coming to a game "earlier" in the year because sometimes it is easier then to get signatures. Sometimes at the end of the year they get tired of signing. Just depends on their mood.

You could also try at the same gate around 4:00pm because they drive in about that time for the game. However they rarely sign then.

After the game you can go to gate 9 as well and try your luck then.

Regardless of where you are sitting enter the arena at gate 6 (where the store is) or gate 7. If you go in at gate 6 where the store is you can go into the store and then stand near the entrance (just goup the stairs and ask where to stand) and you can usually go in early there and the line won't be so long. Gate 7 might have a longer line. Get there early (before 6) so that you can be first in line to get in. I think the doors open at 6:00pm. Look for sections 118 or 119 and go down either one of them and stand there. If you get there really early you can go down section 117 and you will be at the tunnel and then maybe you can get a "high five" from one of the players. BUT to actually watch the practice either section 117, 118 or 119 is best.

If I think of anything else then I'll write again.

Archived