The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Anyone else feel bad for Dallas Eakins?

Del Rio

Ok even i think he was a douche for the comments he made about Kassian and really hated him.

But after seeing today's highlights, really felt bad for him. They lost their 6th straight to PHX and at the end of the game someone through an Oilers jersey on the ice (again) and he just picked it up and walked into the dressing looking very upset.

Like you really can't blame the coaching staff for the Oilers mess that has been for 8 years. How many coaches have they gone through? Scotty Bowman wouldn't even be able to do much with the Oilers. And their yearly 1st overall picks, they are good players, but not great franchise changing players.

I blame the Oilers for being disloyal to so many coaches. Quinn, Renney, Kreuger - all hired and told they'd have a long leash. All fired prematurely and never given a chance to succeed. The team is the problem, not the coaches. And yet the team has gone through coaches faster than we've gone through linemates for the Sedin twins! Eakins shouldn't be getting too comfortable in Edmonton.

I blame the Oilers for being disloyal to so many coaches. Quinn, Renney, Kreuger - all hired and told they'd have a long leash. All fired prematurely and never given a chance to succeed. The team is the problem, not the coaches. And yet the team has gone through coaches faster than we've gone through linemates for the Sedin twins! Eakins shouldn't be getting to comfortable in Edmonton.

I bet it will almost be a relief for him to get the axe and get out of that mess.. like what does any coach have to work with on that team?

I feel bad for RNH, Hall and Eberle. These are kids who could change a franchise but are stuck in a city where they keep preaching patience.

I think this is part of the problem. The 3 guys you mentioned, imo are not franchise changing players. They are good players. not great.

You think those 3 players can be on the level and have the impact on team like a Getzlaf, Perry or a Toews and Kane?

It's hard to fell bad for him, when a better coach in Ralph Krueger was fired for Dallas Eakin. Eakin hasn't shown that he can do anything yet, and at least Yakupov was starting to thrive with Krueger, now you got a kid, that could go -50 by the end of the season, and tones of kids on that team that don't know how to play defensively responsible. Yakupov getting heat for not playing defensive hockey, but no one on that team seems to know what they are doing. They are all playing to score points.

I think this is part of the problem. The 3 guys you mentioned, imo are not franchise changing players. They are good players. not great.

You think those 3 players can be on the level and have the impact on team like a Getzlaf, Perry or a Toews and Kane?

Hall is definitely a franchise guy. RNH can be. Eberle isn't.

Don't matter though, they are all paid well now though.

Hall is definitely a franchise guy. RNH can be. Eberle isn't.

Don't matter though, they are all paid well now though.

Hall hasn't shown it yet, but could be with a top center. I think RNH is not, just does not have the size and body to compete with the top centers in the league

Hall hasn't shown it yet, but could be with a top center. I think RNH is not, just does not have the size and body to compete with the top centers in the league

Hall has shown it, just watch the game. He creates everything by himself. RNH is still young, and started in the NHL too early, he has IQ and smarts that can overcome size but just needs time to bulk up like most 20 year olds do. Eberle isn't because he's like Hodgson, and is one dimensional and will never have the IQ or speed to play a proper two-way game. Horrible defensively.

I consider Duchene a franchise guy, and watching both Hall and Duchene closely. Hall is a bit better. Though, that Mackinnon kid looks to have the potential to be better than Duchene. It's all about watching them play, you will notice a lot. I love Duchene, and was completely wrong about Mackinnon during the draft. I didn't think highly of Mackinnon, but he's proven me wrong. Mackinnons top gear is just insane, he looks even faster than Duchene. I'd say Hall is in the middle, cause Hall is a bit stronger that Duchene.

I don't like Dallas Eakin as a coach, and think they should have thrived with Ralph Krueger. No one has an idea what they are suppose to do on the team. Sam Gagner is completely lost in confusion.

Still don't get the Ladislav Smid trade.

During one of the intermissions of the Nashville game, it was mentioned that Eakin's wife was watching the infamous Calgary-Vancouver game with him and said something to the effect of "When did the Canucks get so tough?".

Eakins responded that we had always been tough, it's just that now we were showing it.

Gotta respect him for not going with the whole Canucks are soft, Sedins are sisters mentality.

So yes, I feel bad for him. Especially with him dropping his 5 year old daughter off at school, and she's so proud he's the coach, then some kids start yelling "you suck!" at him.

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2013/11/02/dallas-eakins-daughter-video_n_4205776.html

And it is the team, not the coach that's the problem.

Archived