The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Hansen's Struggles

apollo

Well we all know last year and the year before Hansen was one of the most hard working players on the team. He produced offense... played amazing defense... penalty killed... and was a thief. Absolute thief. He stole the puck like no other.

Hes slowed down a lot this year. My theory is because he just had a baby.

Aquilini time step up and buy a full time Nanny for Hansen. Hes obviously not sleeping enough and spending too much time taking care of or worrying about the baby. He looks tired out there and not as motivated.

Is my theory 100 percent true? Probably not... but it's the only plausible explanation I have for the decrease of the level of play.

We need the old Hansen back. GET HIM A NANNY FOR THE KID!

Or it's because last season was a one-off and he's fallen back down to Earth, aka a hard working bottom six forward that gets in on the forecheck, but has very little offensive skill to speak of. It's painful watching the puck die on his stick whenever he gets it in the other team's end. Enough of using him in the top six, Kassian should be there.

of all the excuses to use, that's the best you can do??

my personal guess is his contract..

its human nature, You get a sense of security, you stop trying as hard.

Perry and Getzlaf just got monster contracts last year. Many including myself thought they would slow down but they didn't.

Give the hansenator a break... he just had a baby. He'll bounce back... he has natural talent and loves hockey.

The Danish Beauty.

Or it's because last season was a one-off and he's fallen back down to Earth, aka a hard working bottom six forward that gets in on the forecheck, but has very little offensive skill to speak of. It's painful watching the puck die on his stick whenever he gets it in the other team's end. Enough of using him in the top six, Kassian should be there.

This...the top 2 line experience with Hansen should be over..stat...

I was cringing the other night watching him on the second line and Kassian playing with Dalpe and Booth.

Perry and Getzlaf just got monster contracts last year. Many including myself thought they would slow down but they didn't.

Give the hansenator a break... he just had a baby. He'll bounce back... he has natural talent and loves hockey.

The Danish Beauty.

Haha I like how you create a thread that rips on Hansen's futility as a forward and then go to defend him yourself when someone else takes a shot at him.

I do agree with your latter comment though. Plus to be honest I think Hansen is the least of our worries right now... the whole damn forward squad is struggling.

Well we all know last year and the year before Hansen was one of the most hard working players on the team. He produced offense... played amazing defense... penalty killed... and was a thief. Absolute thief. He stole the puck like no other.

Hes slowed down a lot this year. My theory is because he just had a baby.

Aquilini time step up and buy a full time Nanny for Hansen. Hes obviously not sleeping enough and spending too much time taking care of or worrying about the baby. He looks tired out there and not as motivated.

Is my theory 100 percent true? Probably not... but it's the only plausible explanation I have for the decrease of the level of play.

We need the old Hansen back. GET HIM A NANNY FOR THE KID!

Where do you buy a nanny? Is it the same problem with Burrows? Do we have to buy him one too?

Considering the PP is dreadful, it's hard to put Hansen on the crap list when there are so many other forwards making more $$$ for this club (also D men)

It would be nice to Hansen play better, but if Kesler and the Sedin (s) can't chip in, that's also a problem.

Can't rely on Chris Higgins and Dale Weise every night...

I think it has more to do with Torts style of coaching, which is not a bad thing. Hansen's bread and butter has always been his work ethic and when Alain Vigneault was coaching he allowed the players to be a little bit more creative when it came to offense but it seems Torts like a grinding type game with more emphasis on team defence with really takes away a lot more opportunities to be creative for guys like Hansen who have limited skill. It's the same problem this team has had for a while, too many hard working limited skill guys and not enough high end talent guys.

He's not getting the ice time he used to. Under AV he was the #2 PK man. Under Torts, he's on the fourth unit. If anything, Torts and Co. are misusing one of their best role players. He is a fantastic third liner that can put up 35 points, PK like a mother, and do spot duty in the top six.

Archived