The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Proposal) Big Rebuild

I think we need a rebuild here. I know we are in a slump but in all honesty at our best we can not beat the Sharks, Kings, Hawks or Penguins. Below is a rebuild where we trade our biggest stars because their value is higher now than in a year or 2. Also not trading the Sedins. Not very realistic. I am doing my best to send everyone to contending teams considering Gillis signed more people to NTC than every other team combined.

1st Proposal

To Dallas

• Edler
  • Burrows

To Vancouver

• Oleksiak
  • Dillon
  • 2nd
  • Whitney (need cap back)

- Edler and Burrows provide Dallas with the top 4 offensive defenseman they need, as well as a strong 2nd line checking forward. Oleksiak is going to be a gem. Plus Dillon, The strong defensive play they both have, and massive hitting would make us tougher. In addition a 2nd rounder is always nice.

2nd Proposal

To Colorado

• Garrison
  • Higgins
  • Whitney (retain 75% cap)

To Vancouver

• Ryan O'Reilly

- Colorado could benefit from a little more offensive production. Does not hurt to add a 20 goal scorer. However the main piece they seek is Jason Garrison. Top 4 dman is what they need. Meanwhile we get a 22 year old 2nd line center, very similar to Kesler. Who cares about retaining cap for 1 year when your out of the playoff hunt.

3rd Proposal

To Anaheim

• Kesler

To Vancouver

• Josh Gibson
  • Emerson Etem

- Ryan Kesler can fill in that 2nd line hole. Besides, Perry, Getzlaf and Kesler on the PK = Top in the League. Gibson and Etem are both huge risks that could pan out. With Hiller, Fasth and Andersen, I feel like Gibson is expendable. We also need a goalie considering Luongo is not going to be on my trading list and will likely be past his prime in 3-years when Gibson would be 23-24. Etem has huge potential to be a designated sniper.

4th Proposal

To Minnesota

• Bieksa
  • Hansen

To Vancouver

• Heatley (cap dump)
  • Charlie Coyle
  • Brodin

- Top 2 defensman for Suter. Hansen fills out a defensive 3rd line forward they need. Plus Hasen is good for 30-35 points. Coyle is a big forward prospect. Brodin has potential as well to become a strong dman in this league.

5th Proposal

Philadelphia

• Dan Hamhuis

Vancouver Canucks

• Sean Couturier
  • Erik Gustaffson

- Hamhuis is a top 2 dman with a good cap. Philly is awful on D. Coturier can play wing with O'reilly, while Gustaffson can filter in between 4th and 5th dman.

Proposal 6

Los Angeles Kings

• Heatley (retain 50% cap)

Vancouver Canucks

• Keaton Ellerby
  • 5th

- retaining 50% cap means nothing to us at this point. May need to retain a bit more. Ellerby is not useful to their incredible defense. a 5th is just so we can find another Corrado steal. Hopefully...

New Offense:

- Sedins

- Horvat

- Kassian

- Shinkaruk

- Gaunce

- Fox + Cassels

- Couturier

- O'Reilly

- Etem

- Coyle

- Jensen

New Defense

- Corrado

- Oleksiak

- Dillon

- Brodin

- Subban

- Gustaffson

- Tanev

- Ellerby

New Goaltending

- Luongo

- Lack

- Gibson

- Cannata

New Picks

- 5th LA

- 2nd Dallas

I think we need a rebuild here. I know we are in a slump but in all honesty at our best we can not beat the Sharks, Kings, Hawks or Penguins. Below is a rebuild where we trade our biggest stars because their value is higher now than in a year or 2. Also not trading the Sedins. Not very realistic. I am doing my best to send everyone to contending teams considering Gillis signed more people to NTC than every other team combined.

1st Proposal

To Dallas

• Edler
  • Burrows

To Vancouver

• Oleksiak
  • Dillon
  • 2nd
  • Whitney (need cap back)

- Edler and Burrows provide Dallas with the top 4 offensive defenseman they need, as well as a strong 2nd line checking forward. Oleksiak is going to be a gem. Plus Dillon, The strong defensive play they both have, and massive hitting would make us tougher. In addition a 2nd rounder is always nice.

2nd Proposal

To Colorado

• Garrison
  • Higgins
  • Whitney (retain 75% cap)

To Vancouver

• Ryan O'Reilly

- Colorado could benefit from a little more offensive production. Does not hurt to add a 20 goal scorer. However the main piece they seek is Jason Garrison. Top 4 dman is what they need. Meanwhile we get a 22 year old 2nd line center, very similar to Kesler. Who cares about retaining cap for 1 year when your out of the playoff hunt.

3rd Proposal

To Anaheim

• Kesler

To Vancouver

• Josh Gibson
  • Emerson Etem

- Ryan Kesler can fill in that 2nd line hole. Besides, Perry, Getzlaf and Kesler on the PK = Top in the League. Gibson and Etem are both huge risks that could pan out. With Hiller, Fasth and Andersen, I feel like Gibson is expendable. We also need a goalie considering Luongo is not going to be on my trading list and will likely be past his prime in 3-years when Gibson would be 23-24. Etem has huge potential to be a designated sniper.

4th Proposal

To Minnesota

• Bieksa
  • Hansen

To Vancouver

• Heatley (cap dump)
  • Charlie Coyle
  • Brodin

- Top 2 defensman for Suter. Hansen fills out a defensive 3rd line forward they need. Plus Hasen is good for 30-35 points. Coyle is a big forward prospect. Brodin has potential as well to become a strong dman in this league.

5th Proposal

Philadelphia

• Dan Hamhuis

Vancouver Canucks

• Sean Couturier
  • Erik Gustaffson

- Hamhuis is a top 2 dman with a good cap. Philly is awful on D. Coturier can play wing with O'reilly, while Gustaffson can filter in between 4th and 5th dman.

Proposal 6

Los Angeles Kings

• Heatley (retain 50% cap)

Vancouver Canucks

• Keaton Ellerby
  • 5th

- retaining 50% cap means nothing to us at this point. May need to retain a bit more. Ellerby is not useful to their incredible defense. a 5th is just so we can find another Corrado steal. Hopefully...

New Offense:

- Sedins

- Horvat

- Kassian

- Shinkaruk

- Gaunce

- Fox + Cassels

- Couturier

- O'Reilly

- Etem

- Coyle

- Jensen

New Defense

- Corrado

- Oleksiak

- Dillon

- Brodin

- Subban

- Gustaffson

- Tanev

- Ellerby

New Goaltending

- Luongo

- Lack

- Gibson

- Cannata

New Picks

- 5th LA

- 2nd Dallas

Sorry wrong thread. I will re-post in proposals.

I am not a fan of trading all of our core players just for prospects and starting from an AHL roster. We can get more for the Hamhuis trade, we have like no team at all after all these trades.

Sedins-Kassian

Etem-O'Reilly-Coyle

Jensen-Couturier-Horvat

Fox/Cassels/Shinkaruk/Gaunce

Dillon-Tanev

Brodin-Gustaffson

Ellerby-Corrado

That is terrible, our prospects can't even develop properly and we'll be like Edmonton.

Archived