The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade Proposal] Vancouver and Chicago

We don't need help on the defence.

Yes the Canucks do. The defense has some pretty glaring weaknesses.

Garrison being the most obvious.

Large opposition forwards have zero issue crashing the crease as the defense rarely makes them pay the price. Well Hamhuis and Bieksa tend to.

The defense needs more of the snarl Bieksa has. Add some size to that snarl and you've got a defense that the opposition will think twice about challenging.

Given all the Canucks injuries you do. Plus, to make this work Vancouver needs to either take on salary or retain part of Richardson's cap hit.

Partially true.

Yes, the Canucks need defense with the injuries. However losing Richardson would leave Kesler and Henrik, the Canucks top two centres, relied upon even more heavily on pk duty with Santorelli out; making their already ridiculous TOI rise. Having Richardson gives the Canucks more stability and room to utilize Kes and Hank on more offensive duties.

Partially true.

Yes, the Canucks need defense with the injuries. However losing Richardson would leave Kesler and Henrik, the Canucks top two centres, relied upon even more heavily on pk duty with Santorelli out; making their already ridiculous TOI rise. Having Richardson gives the Canucks more stability and room to utilize Kes and Hank on more offensive duties.

Yeah. Richardson must stay. Chicago can have Booth and Weise though. We'll take Bickell.

Yeah. Richardson must stay. Chicago can have Booth and Weise though. We'll take Bickell.

Apparently he was a healthy scratch a few times this season with only 9 points in 40 games at a caphit of 4 million until 2017...

Booth and Weise are outscoring him by three points, with Booth having the same amount of games played.

No Thanks

Aren't Bieksa and Tanev injured? When heathy your D is amongst the top in the league, but taking Brookbank (or Kostka) provides some short term help (as I mentioned) and balances out salaries/cap hits. It may seem like Chicago is over paying, but while Morin is good he has no future in Chicago, he can't crack the top 9. Richardson addresses a very specific need for Chicago and Vancouver gets a young forward who is NHL ready. It's a win for both teams.

What does me being a Blackhawks fan have to do with anything? I've been a Blackhawks fan for over 25 years. No need to kae ignorant comments.

Chicago overpaying...lol..what are we supposed to do with them when Bieksa and Tanev come back. Let them stew and Richardson will be lost? We need a guaranteed scorer not someone who might be nhl ready. No...your trade proposal only benefits your Blackhawks with extra depth and we get screwed. You being a Blackhawks fan has everything to do with your uneven trade.

Chicago overpaying...lol..what are we supposed to do with them when Bieksa and Tanev come back. Let them stew and Richardson will be lost? We need a guaranteed scorer not someone who might be nhl ready. No...your trade proposal only benefits your Blackhawks with extra depth and we get screwed. You being a Blackhawks fan has everything to do with your uneven trade.

You're entitled to your opinion. You think this trade favour a Chicago, others think it favours Vancouver, while I think it's fair.

In a trade you have to give to get. Richardson is a quality depth forward, but realistically he'll play one more season in Vancouver. Morin is an NHL ready prospect who can't crack a deep Chicago lineup. So you can have Richardson as your 4th line centre for one more year or Morin as a top 9 or top 6 winger for 5 years.

I know Vancouver needs a goal scorer but it's unlikely you'll land a Bobby Ryan or Corey Perry type forward. If you do it will cost you an awful lot more than Richardson.

In the end, will Richardson have a big impact on Vancouver either making the playoffs or going deep? No. But there have been so many other discussions about Vancouver rebuilding or retooling. A move like this goes towards a retooling. Gillis moves a short term asset for a long term asset with more potential. Chicago gets another piece to their puzzle.

If VAN had another FO option on the PK, maybe. Considering the PK is one of the only areas VAN has going, I can't them subtracting from that.

Check in particular short handed FO won vs lost. - http://www.nhl.com/ice/playerstats.htm?gameType=2&position=S&season=20132014&sort=totalFaceOffs&status=A&team=VAN&viewName=faceOffPercentageAll

You're entitled to your opinion. You think this trade favour a Chicago, others think it favours Vancouver, while I think it's fair.

In a trade you have to give to get. Richardson is a quality depth forward, but realistically he'll play one more season in Vancouver. Morin is an NHL ready prospect who can't crack a deep Chicago lineup. So you can have Richardson as your 4th line centre for one more year or Morin as a top 9 or top 6 winger for 5 years.

I know Vancouver needs a goal scorer but it's unlikely you'll land a Bobby Ryan or Corey Perry type forward. If you do it will cost you an awful lot more than Richardson.

In the end, will Richardson have a big impact on Vancouver either making the playoffs or going deep? No. But there have been so many other discussions about Vancouver rebuilding or retooling. A move like this goes towards a retooling. Gillis moves a short term asset for a long term asset with more potential. Chicago gets another piece to their puzzle.

You aren't getting Richardson. Gillis loves him as a replacement for Lappy. When Gaunce and Horvat are ready, sure, he might be gone but until then he's an amazing guy for 3rd/4th line center.

Give up Pirri or a 2nd+ to take Richie from the Canucks.

You aren't getting Richardson. Gillis loves him as a replacement for Lappy. When Gaunce and Horvat are ready, sure, he might be gone but until then he's an amazing guy for 3rd/4th line center.

Give up Pirri or a 2nd+ to take Richie from the Canucks.

If Gillis likes Richardson enough to keep him long term then good, the Canucks should keep him. As I said, Richardson is a quality guy.

If give up Pirri. But Pirri and a 2nd is a bit too much. Look at what bottom 6 guys go for around the league, that's too much.

Apparently he was a healthy scratch a few times this season with only 9 points in 40 games at a caphit of 4 million until 2017...

Booth and Weise are outscoring him by three points, with Booth having the same amount of games played.

No Thanks

Vancouver doesn't want Bickell, he's struggling big time. He'll come around but he's too much of a risk for the Canucks.

I like how you explained this, but Richardson provides you exactly what you need while Morin might not pan out. I don't like taking risks.

Archived