The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Proposal: Van-Buf

To Vancouver: Tyler Myers, Zenon Konopka

To Buffalo: Alex Edler

Both defensemen need a switch. Myers is a young guy with so much potential I think. May be tough to convince Edler to waive NTC to go there but worth a shot. Konopka is a very good center man and also knows how to use the body and fight.

Konopka is a hack and hasn't been a factor since he left Islanders..

Myers has sucked since his big contract....

explain how you figure this would outweigh?

Konopka is one of the better centers in the league for winning face offs. Also what had Edler done the Myers hasn't. They have both sucked for the past couple seasons. They both need fresh starts. You could probably do the trade one for one. That way it is a reset for both of them and Myers is a younger player. Lots of time still to improve.

Konopka is one of the better centers in the league for winning face offs. Also what had Edler done the Myers hasn't. They have both sucked for the past couple seasons. They both need fresh starts. You could probably do the trade one for one. That way it is a reset for both of them and Myers is a younger player. Lots of time still to improve.

fair enough....but it doesnt mean that GM Murray hangs up on Gillis

fair enough....but it doesnt mean that GM Murray hangs up on Gillis

Yes he does. Have you seen Myers this year?

He is 4 years younger than Edler, and has far higher upside .

You can wish it all you want, but there is no way the Sabres entertain this. They hang up.

If you had proposed this last year they would have been tempted, not hung up, but probably declined anyways.

You can wish it all you want, but there is no way the Sabres entertain this. They hang up.

If you had proposed this last year they would have been tempted, not hung up, but probably declined anyways.

umm ya, I have seen him play. Since his leg and ankle problems....he has turned into a giant pylon...not as quick as he once was. Hopefully it improves bt for now....he isnt much ti right home about.

As much as Edler misses Salo on his right, he is still a 40+ point dman yr after year. Not to mention still getting an invite to the Olympics. Who knows...maybe Edler and The Hoff can be roomies again. Don't just say this isnt a good trade

Edler should fetch Moulson.

Regardless of it being cool to hate Edler the guy is an Olympian for Sweden's National Team.

He has value.

Myers is a pylon playing himself out of Buffalo

I could see Gillis getting bent over again tho.

It is true Edler is an Olympian and he still has a lot of potential. But I could see him fetching a Moulson. If we could get Moulson and Myers on top of re-sighning Moulson... I'd do that in a heartbeat. But that's just me.

Myers has been an absolute monster this year. He hasn't put up the big points due to Buffalo having no skill up front, but he's been unbelievable.

Buffalo fans are loving Myers right now, and I'm sure management is as well. No way they swap him for Edler.

Archived