The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Sochi Olympics 2014! Official "Olympic Discussion" thread.

PlayStation

Which event are you most looking forward to! (Other than Hockey.)  

89 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

No I live in Seattle but am a duel citizen and more Canadian than American.

It set me back around 8k

I jumped on their site as soon as they were available and snagged them the seats for the gold medal game arent great but crap I'll take 'em

I'd take any seat in the arena to watch Canada win gold. Arena doesn't seat as many people as a NHL arena, so I bet you could make crazy profit if you were to resell, assuming its legal to do so, don't want to end up breaking a law in crazy Russia...

But that would be an experience of a life time, really jealous!

• 2 months later...

Sochi-2014-Winter-Olympics-l.jpg

So with the Sochi 2014 Winter Olympics approaching rapidly, I thought it would be fun to see which sport everyone is most looking forward to besides Hockey!

Personally, I am most looking forward to the Men's Snowboarding Halfpipe. Shaun White is pretty much a God among mere men.

Shaun-White-Snowboarding-Soundtrack-Revealed-1.jpg

Shaun-White-201311-1-402.jpg

And really, who doesn't like that smile/hair.

We may as well make an official thread to talk about all things Olympics related, since no one has done that yet.

:)

Pretty much the only olmpic sports I really love are hockey and figure skating! I am kind of excited because they have this new team figure skating event that could bring us another medal! I admit I don't know much about it! I was originally going boycott the olympics because of the gay rights issue but my love of hockey is to strong to do that. I think though other then hockey and the figure skating (ice dance is my fav) I prob won't watch anything else.

Short track speed skating and moguls! (We'll get plenty of medals in these sports if everything goes well)

Skicross, bordercross, halfpipe, ... are always great to watch!

Alpine skiing because I practice the sport and I like to watch how great the athletes are.

There has been lots of contraversy surrounding the slopestyle course , on monday Torstien Horgmo crashed and broke his collarbone practicing on the course , many of the riders are complaining about the steepness of the take-offs and landings on the jumps , Sean White has pulled out of the event, will be interesting to see what happens from here on in.

I am really stoked to see that a young Aussie Snowboarder Belle Brockoff is speaking out about Russian treatment of gays and Lesbians. Belles Family has a long association with skiing and Mt. Hotham in Australia one of the runs at Mt.hotham is named after her great grandmother and the hut where i met so many of my friends over the years is named after her great Aunt, i skiied a bit with her mum in the 90s and she was quite a successful ski- racer here in AUS.

While i believe that our athletes should be at the games i also believe they should speak out against injustice , i am really happy that a young Australian who has strong ties to my home {resort } has the courage to do this.

Budweiser BAILS on Sochi ... We're Not Comfortable There

2/5/2014 2:25 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

EXCLUSIVE

There's no Bud for you, Sochi ... TMZ Sports has learned Budweiser has decided to NOT throw its traditional Winter Olympics party this year and it's all because the company is not comfortable with the situation in Russia.

In the past, Budweiser was known for hosting huge parties -- like the Club Bud bashes during the 2010 Olympics in Vancouver and at the 2006 Olympics in Turin.

But we've learned ... the King of Beers has decided it won't be throwing a similar party at the '14 Games ... at least, that's the plan for now.

In fact, we've seen an email from a Budweiser rep which says the company does not want its U.S.-based representatives in Sochi ... and the message is clear -- the terrorist threat is simply looming too large.

A rep for Anheuser-Busch confirms to TMZ Sports ... there will be no Club Bud in Sochi -- but the rep didn't give a reason for why the company is not throwing the party.

Archived