The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Proposal) UFA reset for next year.

DrChill

So I wonder if all we need is a long offseason for everyone to get healthy and work on their game to be able to reset.

My view is next let's leave Horvat and Shinkaruk in the AHL to develop for a year.

Sign UFA and RFA

For our forward positions

Give Vanek a job for 4 years at 7.5 million a season mimicking the Sedins and giving them a sniper to go with their passing.

Resign Santorelli to a small increase for one more year 1.1million.

Resign Schroeder as our 13th forward at 660000 the qualifying offer minimum on a one year deal.

For defense

Sign two RFA

Tanev to a 3yr 2.5 million deal bridge.

Weber to a 1million 1 year deal, giving Corrado one more year in the minors and first call up.

This would give us some great lines and a future without giving away the future or rushing their development.

post-64333-0-55070000-1391645531_thumb.j

post-64333-0-52726300-1391645543_thumb.j

Sign Dave Bolland. He is the only impact forward in his prime in the UFA market that won't cost us an arm and a leg. Does that mean we might have too many centres? Yes. But I would rather put centres on wings than other way around.

Another potential candidate is MayRay.

To add, given how desperate we are right now, I would love to have Bolland on my team. Let bygones be bygones.

I like giving Horvat and Shinkaruk another year in the CHL same with Corrado in the AHL. If Vanek would come here I'd love to see him with the Sedins. The way Kassian is developing he could play 1st/2nd line with Kesler and Burrows ( dont let his slump this season fool you hes still great ) Over all a great Proposal.

Thanks for the feed back, our GM is conservative so I don't see much overall change, Forgot Horvat is AHL exempt next year. Another in CHL isn't a bad thing.

Remembering GMMG is the guy that gave Sundin 10mil to come for half a season which was a great move. Making UFA splash is more up his alley than a great trade.

As a backup to not signing Vanek, I would hope Canucks go after Stastny as he would be a cheaper option. I would still sign him to a 4year contract, not sure what it would take for money.

This would open up moving Kesler or Stastny to the wing.

Sedin Sedin Kesler

Burrows Stastny Kassian

Or

Sedin Sedin Kassian

Burrows Stastny Kesler

Or

Sedin Sedin Kassian

Burrows Kesler Stastny

So many options...

Ya id like to see how Schroeders play keeps evolving he could end up being a good 2nd liner. So id prefer Vanek as a winger over Stastny because Stastney will be looking for some term ( 4-5 years ) and id hate to lock up the 2nd line in case Schroeder,Gaunce or Horvat deserve it

Ya id like to see how Schroeders play keeps evolving he could end up being a good 2nd liner. So id prefer Vanek as a winger over Stastny because Stastney will be looking for some term ( 4-5 years ) and id hate to lock up the 2nd line in case Schroeder,Gaunce or Horvat deserve it

I think 4 years is a fine lock up give time for those young guys to play a year or two on third line they are all big enough bodies, learn the defensive part of the game better against lighter competition. Then they move up if deserving and the current top 6 can move to the third or traded away.

Stastny will want 7 years, $6.5M+. IN a weak UFA year, he's likely to get it.

Vanek will get 7-8 years (depending on if he signs with the team who owns his rights) and he's not likley to sign with a regrssing team.

Dave Bolland would fit in with the rest of the declining core, as he can't stay healthy, and hasn't played that well when he has.

People are remembering his hay day with the hawks, but his play has declined with his health.

Vanek will get 7-8 years (depending on if he signs with the team who owns his rights) and he's not likley to sign with a regrssing team.

Dave Bolland would fit in with the rest of the declining core, as he can't stay healthy, and hasn't played that well when he has.

People are remembering his hay day with the hawks, but his play has declined with his health.

Why don't you stop trolling people and go do something worthwhile with your time.

Why don't you stop trolling people and go do something worthwhile with your time.

In a UFA class where the cap goes up by c.$10m, and where Ryan Callahan gets c.$7m, you can bet your bottom dollar that a team like Toronto offers Stastny $7.5m. At least.

Vanek will get huge dollars for huge term, because he is the best likely UFA out there.

Bolland has been poor and unfit for a long time. We could sign him, but I wouldn't want to.

All three points were bang on - perhaps take a leaf out of your username and 'DrChill' for a minute :)

WHy don't you make proposals that have at least some chance of happening?

You seem to thing that every team/player is simply interested in helping the Canucks out of their problems.

Which proposal are you talking about?

Archived