The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Why is Henrik being allowed to play? Is Tortorella criminally stupid?

*Buzzsaw*

Yeah we all know Henrik has a heart double the size of most humans, and he will go out there and suffer for his team.

But it is the responsibility of the coach, when he sees a player is injured and that player is in danger of compounding the problem, to tap him on the shoulder and send him to the dressing room.

Why was this not done last night?

Everyone on the building and everyone watching the game could see Henrik was in serious difficulty, why can't Tortorella?

Tortorella has already ground down his best players with too many minutes on the ice, now he's playing the blame game and saying that the team needs to be re-tooled, is he trying to accelerate that process by causing permanent injury to Henrik?

Has Tortorella got some weird punishment agenda going?

Is he trying to destroy the single player who has more loyalty from the rest of the team?

Whatever he's doing, its unacceptable.

So, Gillis is a jerk for shutting down Manny, but Torts is a jerk for letting Henrik play. Got it.

You have no idea what is wrong, whether it's just pain versus an actual injury that could get worse, or what Henrik is feeling on why he wants to continue to play.

So, Gillis is a jerk for shutting down Manny, but Torts is a jerk for letting Henrik play. Got it.

You have no idea what is wrong, whether it's just pain versus an actual injury that could get worse, or what Henrik is feeling on why he wants to continue to play.

With respect, Gillis essentially retired Manny for the season when his impairment was not visible to anyone other then apparently Gillis . So it was jerk'ish.

The whole NHL knows Hank is hurt with bruised ribs. His play is obviously affected. Pain implies injury. He needs to sit.

Why??

Coach goes to trainer: Is Hank able to play?

Trainer: Let me go check.

Trainer to Hank: How do you feel? Do you think you'll be able to fight through the pain tonight?

Hank: Yeah, I think so.

Trainer to Coach: He's good to go.

Coach fills out his lineup card.

We're lucky that Henrik wasn't injured more severely.

Hell they were playing against Boston, no love lost...

I was actually worried someone on the Boston team would take a run at him... but you could see that even the bunch of goons that Boston are, they were easing up on him, I think they actually felt sorry for him.

If the Boston Bruins can see that he was walking wounded, why can't Tortorella????

Though I can't say for certain how Henrik is feeling, or what the medical staff has told him. What I can say is it broke my heart watching him try to plan in the Boston, with him appearing to be in so much pain. That being said; I think watching his team lose from the sidelines hurts him more than his ribs do.

I'm guessing Henrik has said he wants to be out there playing. He should pull himself out of the Olympics, but I don't see that happening. The Canucks are gonna have to pull him out of the line up and say he's not medically cleared to play, if they want Hank to rest up during the Olympic break.

Archived