The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Blackhawks may move Brandon Pirri before the Trade Deadline

Hawks have no cap space for roster players.

I love this kid, if he can play LW then I'd get all of over him... Obviously, not sure of chi and van could hammer out a deal because of the rivalry

To van: pirri

To chi: 2nd pick 2014, 2nd pick 2015

I'd make that deal.

The problem with Pirri isn't about this season for the Blackhawks. It's next season. Next season Pirri is no longer waiver exempt so if Stan feels he won't make the team long term he has to be dealt so we get something in return.

Chicago is looking for picks/prospects for Pirri and like Warhippy said we also need picks and prospects. That being said, if some of their players get a long term injury we could offer a roster player but if that doesn't happen I would offer a 2nd + 6th round picks for Brandon Pirri.

In the AHL, 2012-13 he put up 75 points in 76 games and this season 13 points in 16 games. He is almost PPG in AHL and ready to jump up in the NHL. We can trade Hansen to get some of the picks we lost back.

Sedins-Burrows

UFA/Booth/??-Kesler-Kassian

Higgins-Pirri-Santorelli

Sestito-Richardson-Lain

Schroeder

Archibald

I love this kid, if he can play LW then I'd get all of over him... Obviously, not sure of chi and van could hammer out a deal because of the rivalry

I think that is an overpayment, he is good but that is a little to much.

He is not worthtwo 2nd's...maybe one of them but not both of them

NO way i'd make that deal.

People need to stop offering Gaunce for everything. Gaunce has so much upside it's crazy.

Gaunce doesn't have and never will have the offensive abilities of Brandon Pirri. Pirri is going to be a 2nd line center in the NHL, he should be on our team.

Gaunce doesn't have and never will have the offensive abilities of Brandon Pirri. Pirri is going to be a 2nd line center in the NHL, he should be on our team.

I'd trade Gaunce for Pirri too. We need some offensive players. I think Pirri would be NHL ready by next year and we could have Horvat, Pirri and maybe even Shinkaruk in the lineup. I'd trade Gaunce for Pirri in a heart beat. This trade would give us 3 prospects that are NHL ready and would add depth.

Pirri is sooo overrated. If anything, Saad is the guy to get. Pirri is a successor of the great Hawks team and honestly, he isn't a really good player/prospect. Overrated and not worth it.

Saad is the guy you want but he's the guy you will never get. Saad is a huge part of the Blackhawks future and they extremely high on him.

Pirri may not be as good as Saad, but he has a lot to offer. Chicago is a legit Cup contender and don't have time to wait for Pirri to develop. Nor do they have to with a solid stable of youngsters already in the mix. Pirri could work out well for Vancouver and many other NHL teams. A 2nd or 3rd round pick may likely be enough. But the longer teams wait the more it could cost.

Archived