The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CBC, you are a disgrace!

so I recorded the Opening Ceremony, was really looking forward to seeing it, and all throughout-you ass hats have your bloody BS text scrolling along the bottom of the screen, AND you just couldn't shut your mouths! "There's 4 huts and a cow" Yeah thanks for the descriptive video, and for ruining the show!! won't be missing your clowns coverage, or lack there of, in the NHl 14/15 season

Oh wow.....the lacking news feed that is not on the bottom...so much better, and they don't seem to blab nearly as much

the only issue with nbc is they seem to have enlisted apollo ohno as a field reporter :P

I don't really care for opening and closing ceremonies but for the actual games themselves I'd take CBC over NBC by a country mile. Like always NBC is showing everything a day late in some kind of hodgepodge order and they seem to spending as much time speculating about a terrorist attack as about potential medalists. Plus Bob Costas' eye right now is quite disturbing.

A "disgrace"? That might be a tad overstating it. "Annoying" would probably be more accurate, IMO.

Moreso than the scrolling text, I was bugged by the constant gushing over the projection on the floor of the stadium. I kept thinking "Yeah, that's cool. Too bad Vancouver didn't think of something like that.....oh wait...." :rolleyes:

Who misses the CTV broadcasts? I find some of the commentators on CBC know nothing about the sport they're calling and dont have much enthusiasm. Ie: boarder cross commentator and mitch peacock at the moguls

i watched the rerun at 11am, and i was super pissed off with how they would cut to the same freaken commercials halfway through each act........like seriously?! some people want to watch the whole performance.....and the commentating was pathetic

ctv in 2010 was so much better

CBC, you are a godsend!!!

Kudos to the CBC. Forget the opening ceremonies. Not important.

What they have done with their online coverage is nothing short of spectacular. I'll only watch the Olympic events online now, I have a nice size HD monitor. There you can watch any full event, or choose to just watch the highlights or the "must see" videos. And the best part is you can watch what you want to watch at whatever time you want. The video is HD fullscreen and only lags occasionally. and without annoying commercials. Also all the interviews, medal ceremonies etc.. Just watched a Gimeshi interview with Don Cherry. "I never said Russian hockey players had no heart!!!"lol

The way they organized their site for this is so well thought out. I hope they get the 2018 winter games, or if not that CTV or whoever gets it learns how to do their online coverage with the same attention to detail and professionalism that CBC has done with their online site production.

A "disgrace"? That might be a tad overstating it. "Annoying" would probably be more accurate, IMO.

Moreso than the scrolling text, I was bugged by the constant gushing over the projection on the floor of the stadium. I kept thinking "Yeah, that's cool. Too bad Vancouver didn't think of something like that.....oh wait...." :rolleyes:

wll, did you also see the part just before the opening ceremony where they incredibly dogged Russia? With those little pieces of info?

A lot of the Ceremony required next to no play by play but for whatever reason they can't go 30 minutes without hearing their own voices. "And that appears to be a cow, and what looks like a hut".

hahah yeah, I mean really...I didn't know I had descriptive video on......That was the point in which I stopped the video and watched the NBC feed. I don't care if it wasn't "live"

CBC, you are a godsend!!!

Kudos to the CBC. Forget the opening ceremonies. Not important.

What they have done with their online coverage is nothing short of spectacular. I'll only watch the Olympic events online now, I have a nice size HD monitor. There you can watch any full event, or choose to just watch the highlights or the "must see" videos. And the best part is you can watch what you want to watch at whatever time you want. The video is HD fullscreen and only lags occasionally. and without annoying commercials. Also all the interviews, medal ceremonies etc.. Just watched a Gimeshi interview with Don Cherry. "I never said Russian hockey players had no heart!!!"lol

Streaming is provided by Microsoft via their Azure content delivery service. Just like NBC

Archived