The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Gaunce and 2nd for Pirri

Pouria

Would Chicago trade Pirri for Gaunce and a 2nd round pick?

Pirri would need to be traded since he won't be waiver exempt next year while they also wouldn't be able to fit any roster players with big cap hits. Plus they have lots of skilled and small players throughout their lineup and may need someone that is big and gritty for the 4th line. While the Canucks have an abundance of 4th and 3rd liners and are in dire need of skilled, offensive players.

I think Gillis could possibly make that trade without giving up the 1st round pick and maybe Chicago accepts it. Hopefully Gillis is smart enough to take advantage of this just like the Ehrhoff trade.

No way man, Gaunce will be a solid two way player for us, just need to wait a little. Him, Jensen, Horvat, and Shinkaruk are the future. I could see Gaunce making the team next year as 3rd line C.

We have Richardson/Santos for 3rd line C. I think Pirri is much better offensively than Gaunce and could play on our 2nd line while we could insert Horvat in our 3rd line. Although if we do get ROR, it would make the competition harder for 3rd line center spot with Santos, Horvat and Pirri in the mix along with Schoereder.

Would Chicago trade Pirri for Gaunce and a 2nd round pick?

Pirri would need to be traded since he won't be waiver exempt next year while they also wouldn't be able to fit any roster players with big cap hits. Plus they have lots of skilled and small players throughout their lineup and may need someone that is big and gritty for the 4th line. While the Canucks have an abundance of 4th and 3rd liners and are in dire need of skilled, offensive players.

I think Gillis could possibly make that trade without giving up the 1st round pick and maybe Chicago accepts it. Hopefully Gillis is smart enough to take advantage of this just like the Ehrhoff trade.

Vancouver is better off retaining the pick and Gaunce. Chicago if they entertained moving Pirri, he'd be packaged with other assets to bring in a second line center.

No thanks.

Jensen 2nd?

Jensen is a winger and we might not have room to have Gaunce, Pirri, Horvat, Sanots/Richardson and Schroeder competing for the last 2 center spots. Plus if we ever get ROR, that would make us even deeper in the center position. I think Pirri is also more NHL ready than Gaunce and is better offensively.

Pirri=Schroeder for us...not really needed especially for Gaunce

Pirri doesn't equal Schroeder since I think he has much higher offensive potential and I put more trust in Hawks scouting staff when it comes to player selection compared to Canucks scouting staff. Schroeder is smaller than Pirri and less capable offensively. Pirri also had 75 points with Rockford last year and had an all-star season. He also has 11 points in 28 NHL games. So even if we could swap Schroeder for Pirri, I would pull the trigger but Chicago is looking for picks/prospects. Maybe we could trade Sauve for Pirri but am not sure if Chicago will go for that. Pirri is also NHL ready and can be in our lineup right now.

No way man, Gaunce will be a solid two way player for us, just need to wait a little. Him, Jensen, Horvat, and Shinkaruk are the future. I could see Gaunce making the team next year as 3rd line C.

Why, because we took them in the first round? Not all prospect turn out. That's just reality. I wouldn't do this deal, though.

Pirri is sooo overrated. If anything, Saad is the guy to get. Pirri is a successor of the great Hawks team and honestly, he isn't a really good player/prospect. Overrated and not worth it.

Why would Chicago trade Saad?

Already had 40 points, plays great defensively, good size, really cheap.

He's the exact type of player they are trying to develop with an already elite and long term signed core.

Pirri is sooo overrated. If anything, Saad is the guy to get. Pirri is a successor of the great Hawks team and honestly, he isn't a really good player/prospect. Overrated and not worth it.

Like Chicago is going to give up Saad lol... We would probably have to trade Kesler to get Saad.

Terrible idea. Gaunce and a good second from this year are way more valuable to us long term than Pirri.

That 2nd round pick usually results in crap for us and Pirri is better than Gaunce. Also, Pirri is young and can also be long term, so I don't get why you wouldn't trade an unknown pick for a player who has actually developed and played some NHL games.

Like Chicago is going to give up Saad lol... We would probably have to trade Kesler to get Saad.

Not sure if serious....or has never watched hockey before.

Gaunce is NOT someone I give up to get Pirri, like at all. Picks maybe, like 3rd through 7th round picks. but nothing else.

Gaunce has so much potential, he is quietly one of our best prospects and if he was just a shade faster on his acceleration he'd be getting droll marks on his jersey from 29 other GMs in the league.

Not sure if serious....or has never watched hockey before.

Gaunce is NOT someone I give up to get Pirri, like at all. Picks maybe, like 3rd through 7th round picks. but nothing else.

Gaunce has so much potential, he is quietly one of our best prospects and if he was just a shade faster on his acceleration he'd be getting droll marks on his jersey from 29 other GMs in the league.

Gaunce likely has the upside of a defensively responsible third line player. He's lacks top-6 skills.

Pirri has top-6 skills, but is less defensively responsible.

Pirri has higher ceiling and a lower floor.

They are probably equal in trade value.

Chicago would likely do the trade straight up if they value Gaunce, as Gaunce is still waiver exempt next year, as Chicago will likely value the responsible 3rd line guy over the higher upside guy.

Archived