The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Post-Olympic Schedule

Canadian

Honestly, I really want the Canucks to tank the rest of the season.

Why?

Because the team doesn't currently have the talent, skill or heart to currently compete with any of the top teams. We have an aging core on the decline. I mean sure, we could end up as high as 5th in the West, but I don't see the Canucks getting out of the first round due to injuries and a lack of drive.

This team NEEDS a shake-up. They have gone too long with mediocrity that Gillis has allowed to take root. A lot of people put this on Tortorella, but this is Gillis and Vigneault's team. It needs a shake-up in the form of some big trades to bring in a younger generation of players that will fight for their ice-time through talent and determination.

I hope we tank so we can draft well again this season so that we can really look foward to our future instead of looking forward to being the next Calgary Flames, holding onto our aging core out of "respect" instead of trying to build a winner.

Better to make the playoffs.There is several million rea$ons.

Several million reasons for the owner. Zero reasons for Canucks fans. At this point, maybe we are better off missing the playoffs and getting a shot at that 1st overall pick. I think you guys forgot that the rules for draft lottery has changed. All 14 non playoff teams have a chance at the 1st overall pick.

How is the draft selection order determined?

The teams that miss the playoffs automatically receive the top 14 picks in the draft for the next season. So, the 14 teams that missed the 2012-13 playoffs have the top 14 selections for the 2013 NHL Draft.

These teams are then ranked in point order from lowest point total to highest point total that still missed the playoffs. The team with the lowest point total has the highest chance of winning the lottery and thus the first overall draft pick. However, the team with the best probability is not guaranteed the first overall pick. The probability percentages are as follows:

Team 1 25.0%

Team 2 18.8%

Team 3 14.2%

Team 4 10.7%

Team 5 8.1%

Team 6 6.2%

Team 7 4.7%

Team 8 3.6%

Team 9 2.7%

Team 10 2.1%

Team 11 1.5%

Team 12 1.1%

Team 13 0.8%

Team 14 0.5%

Several million reasons for the owner. Zero reasons for Canucks fans. At this point, maybe we are better off missing the playoffs and getting a shot at that 1st overall pick. I think you guys forgot that the rules for draft lottery has changed. All 14 non playoff teams have a chance at the 1st overall pick.

So we would rather play out our luck with a lottery? I would rather do it on the ice.

we can hope that LA keeps struggling and we sneak into that 3rd spot but the way its going we are in the inferior division in the west yet again ..... LA holding down that 3rd spot with less points than minni in the wild card spot... central currently has 5 of 7 teams in a playoff spot.... pacific only 3 .. it sure looked like we were going to be in the toughest division in the league but with the alberta teams tanking again and canucks and LA unable to score goals the central even with losing detroit is still the best division.... so lets hope we can start scoring and LA cant.

So what will happen is this team will win just enough to squeak into the playoffs, only to be swept once again in the first round.

We will lose any chance at another top 10 pick and Mike Gillis will announce that injuries were the main reason for this team stumbling this year, and that he would give this core another chance. He'll also say that with a year under his belt in the Western Conference, Torts will be much better prepared for next season.

Yaaaaaaaayyy!

Nailed it. Sadly, this is the most realistic scenario.

A friend of a friend of mine knows Alex...and he says whenever he looks down, he loses the puck. I don't doubt that at all. But apart from that, just watching him in the rest of his game, he looks downright lost out there.

thats absolutely true.......a couple of years ago I took a puck in the eye and was out for 10 weeks.......when I came back I went to a full cage for the rest of the season and I couldn't see the puck, at all, when I looked down

Can we survive tanking and a rebuild?

I keep hearing there are seats available for canucks games - if the team loses money it could conceivably move to Seattle - where it would rebuild and win a cup...

Fans are so fickle here, and a lot of fans can't afford the ever increasing ticket prices - especially over last few years with the recession...

People will pay the big bucks to see a winner... But not a loser. Not for those prices. Fans support a rebuild when they don't have to pay premium prices . Those corporate reds will be empty if this team tanks

So anyways - don't hope for missing the playoffs - u never know what u are really asking for - it would really test ownership and u never know....

Picture this: Housing market bubble finally bursts and canucks are losing money -> sell! ?? They might need to...

Make the effing playoffs and support your team ;$)

Archived