The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Carolina fan assessing the Canucks "cliffjumpers" and issues

Staal2Staal

Oh good the "telling it like it is"/"keeping it real" people are here to keep the rest of us safe.

I found the post too full of logic and reason. The premise that if the top line carried the team, it would have a trickle down effect on the whole team is a terrible thing to point out if you want this team to fail. That would lead to more wins, which would mean nobody would get traded or fired, and might put the team in a position where it might succeed.

I think it's awful that a fan from another team wants us to win. And taking the time to think and post something with good intentions just is too much positivity for some of this fan base to handle. With posts like this, you would never be able to get a media job here in Vancouver.

:bigblush:

I am nice... Its an appropriate tone of response to an outside person, Whom I highly doubt watches every single game criticizing objective fans based on older stats, and ridiculous comparisons

he's refering to those extremeist in the city such as the ones who yell about trading the sedins, or tearing up the team apart after a freaking 7 game losing streak. If you aren't one of them then there is no reason to argue because the op wasn't talking about objective fans who base their opinions on older stats and stuffs.

and the op got a valid point about it. Sugggesting to blow up the team everytime it's on a losing streak is just stupid. Fans on cdc had been complaining about anything since god knows when... Even when we were winning the PC, they will tell us that regular season wins doen'st matter. and here we are the whole board is talking about blowing up the team because we aren't winning regular season

Thank you for giving your input OP, very positive!

Unfortunately most fans here are sheep and will follow the general trend towards the team.

The Canucks really aren't as bad as everyone is making them out to be, and I can't wait till they get out of their slump so also these people making ridiculous threads can stfu.

Clearly you haven't been watching this team. We won the President's Trophy with essentially the same squad and were a first round stepping stone. Winning now is meaningless because this team just isn't built for the playoffs. It has no identity.

More like Quick was unbeatable.

They still put up a good fight.

Clearly you haven't been watching this team. We won the President's Trophy with essentially the same squad and were a first round stepping stone. Winning now is meaningless because this team just isn't built for the playoffs. It has no identity.

2nd in the west Blues were gone in 4 and 3rd in the west Coyotes in 5...So nope that team was stacked and redhot at the right time

Thanks so much posting that OP, very well written and appreciate you coming here just to say this.

..however, like to tell you all 'fans' here aren't as smart as you are and in most cases don't know what they are talking about majority of the time. It's a bad representation of the true fans and like you, Detroit is my fav team but I also have Nucks cause home team.

Interesting. Winning now is meaningless. So, even if they manage to somehow turn it around after the break - which no one really knows for certain what will happen - they're still damned if they do, damned if they don't.

there are two trains of thought here....

1 to blow up the team and trade all the ntc players away...

2 to find the right complimentary players that will fit in with kesler or the sedins and a spark plug that will help this team get there game back.....

the two sides are like oil and water.....which ever side your on, you get frustrated listening to the other side...

i stayed away from this site for quite awhile and i became a much happier and saner person....

this has been going on for over 40 years....i've seen it all.....

every year the team does what they think is right....and we the fans criticize......and the world turns....40 years from now

the same thing will be going on....

2 to find the right complimentary players that will fit in with kesler or the sedins and a spark plug that will help this team get there game back.....

the two sides are like oil and water.....which ever side your on, you get frustrated listening to the other side...

i stayed away from this site for quite awhile and i became a much happier and saner person....

every year the team does what they think is right....and we the fans criticize......and the world turns....40 years from now

you are correct sir .. its like arguing about politics or religion .. there were times though , when say .. pat quinn was g.m that we all agreed on what direction the team was going .. I miss those days .. I have seasons tickets , I watch every game no matter where in the world I am , I have a canucks tattoo ... I am no fair weathered fan .. I know my hockey just like so many vancouver faithful and I see what they see .. We had our run with this core .... it was good .. It has come to an end .. lets move on and get younger .. lets get excited about the potential of this great franchise again .. god bless america !!!!! errrrrr CANADA !!!!!

Thanks so much posting that OP, very well written and appreciate you coming here just to say this.

..however, like to tell you all 'fans' here aren't as smart as you are and in most cases don't know what they are talking about majority of the time. It's a bad representation of the true fans and like you, Detroit is my fav team but I also have Nucks cause home team.

Just lovely! So, fans who don't agree with the OP are not "smart", don't understand hockey and are not true fans. I can read and respect the OP's point of view and still have doubts he is correct. I lack his confidence that the Sedins are still elite players and that this is just a slump. Maybe I'm wrong but that doesn't mean I (and so many others) don't know hockey or are not smart.

Insulting one's intelligence or putting them down with labels in an attempt to discredit their opinion is just ignorant and only degrades the discussion into a p!$$ing match.

More like Quick was unbeatable.

They still put up a good fight.

People seem to forget this. LA RAN OVER EVERYONE. We just happened to be the team they face first, and arguably put up the toughest fight. And I will maintain, that if not for Tim Thomas' ludicrous SCF the Canucks would have a Cup, even with the injuries.

Niemi also had a .937 save % 2.0 gaa while facing 32 shots a game. The Sharks were given a 25-11 PP advantage (one of the leagues best) and we all know how the reffing was in that series.

So while we may not have been good enough to beat the Sharks, we never really had a chance.

A lot of people have been hating on his brother as well. Daniel is going through a slump (I don't know how long, but I think it's like 90 days), and is a bit more worrisome considering their age. But I am 95% sure that his slump is directly related to Henrik being out and here's why: he is still the leading scorer on their team.

Henrik has been here the entire time, save the last several games. Im 100% sure it doesnt have to do with Henrik.

How is Henrik "soft" anyway? By some standards, hes one of the toughest players in the league. He didnt miss a game for 10 years.

I appreciate the support, but I have no idea how you can be puzzled about the posters attitudes here when you dont seem to know much about the team.

Henrik has been here the entire time, save the last several games. Im 100% sure it doesnt have to do with Henrik.

How is Henrik "soft" anyway? By some standards, hes one of the toughest players in the league. He didnt miss a game for 10 years ffs.

I appreciate the support, but I have no idea how you can be puzzled about the posters attitudes here when you dont seem to know much about the team.

you mean there is nothing puzzling about how the fans in this city who want to chase out TWO franchise players in our team as soon as they are in a slump?

yep, nothing puzzling about this...

A wisdom that comes with age. What is the answer to the Great Question. If you do not see it my way then I will smash your skull "like a clam on my tummy." You totally won't get that Joe, but trust me, it's relevant. I don't know much (or anything) about you, but I can guarantee we won't agree on everything, and I'm totally cool with that as long as we are all respectful about it.

Archived