The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Carolina fan assessing the Canucks "cliffjumpers" and issues

Staal2Staal

You lost me at brady and LeBron....

the position of an NFL QB DRAMATICALLY affects a teams play. every single Offensive play goes thru him. hockey players, even superstars play around 1/3 of the game, And don't have even close to the same impact as a QB does.

Also Tom brady was instrumental to multiple championships of his team, and even if we say sedin even comes close to the same calibre of impact to his team as brady. The sedins even in their primes were never close to being a dominant force in the playoffs.

The NBA Is a star driven sport. The stars play 90-95% of the time, Get most touches, and can literally dominate a game on their own. Hockey is just not the type of sport where a single player can dominate a game in such a fashion.

Also Lebron James is one of the greatest basketball players in history. a freak of nature with an unstoppable combo of skill/strength.TO compare henrik to LeBron Is laughable. Lebron is hockeys equivalent of a Mario Lemieux (AT LEAST)

please stick to American sports If your going to make such ridiculous comparisons..

Canuck fans who watch this team every game and can see the lethargic/declining state of this team are far more qualified to analyze this team then an outside observer

Literal poster is literal.

The analogy stands. A huge amount of the team scoring goes or has gone through Henrik. That's why he has so fricking many assists.

I think this team i still missing 3/4 pieces. Two or three scoring forwards, one or two offensive d-men.

And I feel pretty confident in saying this te will pull it off and get into the playoffs. No deep run, but playoffs bound.

What matters most, though, is what Gillis does before the trade deadline and over the summer.

While I have come off the ledge and don't hate his guts anymore, I still doubt he picks up all of the necessary pieces.

Hey what's up guys... Hurricanes fan here... been a fan of Vancouver for a while... Hope you guys make the playoffs this year.

Now I joined this forum solely to post on some of the threads that struck me by complete surprise. Vancouver has been a force for at least the past decade, and seeing you guys struggle for the first time in quite a while honestly, I've seen some of the most ridiculous threads made up here.

First, lets look at your team's issue: offense. From the threads I've seen on here from "pick up another winger" to "trade Sedin" (WTF), or "make Sedin a second line" are truly ridiculous in my opinion.

I'm going to give you guys an analogy. Do any of you guys watch basketball or football, or any other sport for that matter? What happens to receivers if they are missing Tom Brady, or what happens to the Heat if they lose LeBron James? They struggle hard.

Henrik Sedin, albeit soft, but is probably the best passing forward in the game right now. His game is beautiful to watch. He is the team captain (if I recall correctly) and really he is their offense. He sets up Kesler and Daniel on almost 3/4 of their scores... that's astounding.

A lot of people have been hating on his brother as well. Daniel is going through a slump (I don't know how long, but I think it's like 90 days), and is a bit more worrisome considering their age. But I am 95% sure that his slump is directly related to Henrik being out and here's why: he is still the leading scorer on their team. That means their offense in general is pretty much dead... which is directly related to Henrik being out. These guys cannot set up for themselves and are having trouble without their centerpiece in the game. If anything, this may show that Henrik could be in the running for MVP (not the numbers-wise this year yet, but more because look at how atrocious this offense has been without him).

Now, defense is clearly the weak point for your team the past few years.. but they actually haven't been terrible. I actually think they aren't playing too bad considering your offensive slump.. you can't expect them to hold good teams off forever.

So my point is this: the Sedin's are two of the best players in the decade.. and I think they are like one of 15 forwards to average a point a game since they've joined the league. They are once in a lifetime type players and honestly (being a Carolina fan and not following Vancouver) could be your best player(s) of all-time. They led you guys to a crazy Stanley Cup run. They are not the problems. You guys desperately need another piece to go on the second line (that can playmake) or another winger that can be substituted as another scoring weapon.

Good luck you guys. I see you guys finishing about 5-7.

That was beautiful.

Most Canucks fans here don't know what its like to watch a losing team.

you think every in vancouver's 25.i was born in 71 and i've watched the canucks since the 70's.i remember when you're weirdo gm [ballard] let tiger williams go.ty.anyways,why don't you go take it in the caboose on your own site and stop being a troll.lol

Hey what's up guys... Hurricanes fan here... been a fan of Vancouver for a while... Hope you guys make the playoffs this year.

Now I joined this forum solely to post on some of the threads that struck me by complete surprise. Vancouver has been a force for at least the past decade, and seeing you guys struggle for the first time in quite a while honestly, I've seen some of the most ridiculous threads made up here.

First, lets look at your team's issue: offense. From the threads I've seen on here from "pick up another winger" to "trade Sedin" (WTF), or "make Sedin a second line" are truly ridiculous in my opinion.

I'm going to give you guys an analogy. Do any of you guys watch basketball or football, or any other sport for that matter? What happens to receivers if they are missing Tom Brady, or what happens to the Heat if they lose LeBron James? They struggle hard.

Henrik Sedin, albeit soft, but is probably the best passing forward in the game right now. His game is beautiful to watch. He is the team captain (if I recall correctly) and really he is their offense. He sets up Kesler and Daniel on almost 3/4 of their scores... that's astounding.

A lot of people have been hating on his brother as well. Daniel is going through a slump (I don't know how long, but I think it's like 90 days), and is a bit more worrisome considering their age. But I am 95% sure that his slump is directly related to Henrik being out and here's why: he is still the leading scorer on their team. That means their offense in general is pretty much dead... which is directly related to Henrik being out. These guys cannot set up for themselves and are having trouble without their centerpiece in the game. If anything, this may show that Henrik could be in the running for MVP (not the numbers-wise this year yet, but more because look at how atrocious this offense has been without him).

Now, defense is clearly the weak point for your team the past few years.. but they actually haven't been terrible. I actually think they aren't playing too bad considering your offensive slump.. you can't expect them to hold good teams off forever.

So my point is this: the Sedin's are two of the best players in the decade.. and I think they are like one of 15 forwards to average a point a game since they've joined the league. They are once in a lifetime type players and honestly (being a Carolina fan and not following Vancouver) could be your best player(s) of all-time. They led you guys to a crazy Stanley Cup run. They are not the problems. You guys desperately need another piece to go on the second line (that can playmake) or another winger that can be substituted as another scoring weapon.

good points.its clear that henrik is very important for the offense.their power play is dead without him.

Chicago had basically just as bad a January as we did...LA unless they mix it up run the risk of falling out of a playoff spot...So yes if a team gets on a roll at the right time they easily could win

Chicago lost a ton of games in shoot outs, the Canucks lost a ton in regulation.

Apples and oranges.

Not at all. Damned if they do, yes. Damned if they don't, of course not. If they don't succeed we have a legitimate shot at a top talent in this years draft who could potentially make an immediate impact in our roster whilst unloading Booth and perhaps another veteran this off-season. That is a fast retool which could provide the quick influx of youth our team needs to get going. I'm most certainly against being a marginal to average playoff team this year with an aging core that has the wheels falling off already at the halfway point of the year.

Get what you're saying here as compared to the previous post. I see what you're driving at. If they can't turn it around after this break, I may be with you on that. Your earlier "wins are meaningless" simply sounded more like the usual parroted herd negativity disguised as support through criticism.

I hope we don't make the playoffs so Gillis gets canned!

And replace him with who exactly? Another thing is if MG was fired this team would suck for another century not another year or 2. Of course I bet your a fan who hasn't watched this team since it started and have no idea the mess this team was for the longest time, MG was handed a super soft team except for the defence when he arrived and I for one am amazed MG has been able to do as well as he has knowing the franchise history. THAT I do know, I started watching this team when I was 9 yrs old 40 years ago so I know what i'm talking about. MG is learning the ropes even better and losing him and his player negotiation skills would be a disaster but there are a lot of bi-polar twits on this forum that aren't smart enough to figure that out...

I can still recall the brutal early days of this team when we were perrenial cellar dwellars. Beating a top ranked team was cause for cup winning like celebrations. A little slump here and there doensn't worry me much. But for most once success is acheived it is demanded always.

Completely clueless post and it's a sad reflection about how knowledgeable our own fans are when it is given reputation so many times.

Henrik Sedin was on pace for less than 60 points before he stopped play due to injury. Daniel Sedin hasn't been the same player for two years now. We need to rebuild because we can't expect the Sedins to be the players they were 3 years ago anymore.

But more importantly defense has not been our problem the last several years. Look at our goals against average and penalty kill as back up the last two years to support that. We have some of the most depth on defense in the NHL. We have two capable starters in Luongo and Lack. We also have a defensive minded coach as well now.

We are 12th this year in goals against per game. Last year we were 10th. The year before that we were FIRST in the NHL. Our PK is in the top 5 in the NHL. So no our defense is actually our strength and shows just how clueless you are and so many others on these forums.

Archived