The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Price starts game 1, Luongo gets game 2

Brick Tamland

Yeah, but Lui got gm 1 in Vancouver because he was familiar w the rink, rather than Marty the incumbent. Marty got gms 2 and 3.

I would not read much into it.

for Canada to win, they need at least one goalie on top of his gm. Be that price or Lui, I don't care.

putting pro-canuck bias aside

Why would you name your game 2 starter before hand??

IF Price plays godly and gets a Shutout, would you still put Lu in??

Since he'd have done it against Norway, it seems they've already answered your question by naming their game 2 starter beforehand. What if Luongo plays godly in his game?

well, Personally speaking im a believer that if a goalie gets a shutout, They deserve the next game. Since they are hot and a goalie on a groove can get you far....

if Lu got game 1 and got a shutout, Id be pissed if he was sitting the next game.

What if Price's shutout came from only saving 12 perimeter shots?

well, Personally speaking im a believer that if a goalie gets a shutout, They deserve the next game. Since they are hot and a goalie on a groove can get you far....

if Lu got game 1 and got a shutout, Id be pissed if he was sitting the next game.

I think you are overestimating the power of Norway.

If Lu got game one and got a shutout, he would still already know that Price was scheduled to play game two. These first two games are a dress rehearsal to see who gets the Finland game and possibly every game after that.

Personally, I believe that the coaching staff is strongly leaning towards Price as the #1. Lou is going to get the courtesy start against Austria, but unless Price plays poorly against Norway, he'll get the start against the Finns.

I think the only way Louie get back in the net is if Price mucks it up in that game, or later on in the knockout stage.

I think giving Lu Game #2 is extremely important even if Price is the starter and will play the rest of the tournament.

GIven the level of opposition for the 1st 2 games, is better to get the back up goalie a game in case any injuries happened to either Lu or Price.

During the semi finals or finals if your goalie is injured or playing extremely poorly, at least you will have a back up that has played a game within the 2 weeks at Sochi. Is just a safety measure to ensure the goalie is ready and have a little bit of game experience and chemistry with the rest of the squad.

Better safe than sorry.

I think giving Lu Game #2 is extremely important even if Price is the starter and will play the rest of the tournament.

GIven the level of opposition for the 1st 2 games, is better to get the back up goalie a game in case any injuries happened to either Lu or Price.

During the semi finals or finals if your goalie is injured or playing extremely poorly, at least you will have a back up that has played a game within the 2 weeks at Sochi. Is just a safety measure to ensure the goalie is ready and have a little bit of game experience and chemistry with the rest of the squad.

Better safe than sorry.

Agreed. If your starter goes down with an injury in a medal game, you don't want a backup who hasn't played at all...

Archived