The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[proposal] canucks- blues(HF based)

86Viking

If Kesler's going I'd want Berglund to be part of the deal to somewhat replace Ryan as the 2nd line center.

Then I'd also want Jaskin or Rattie and a conditional first or at worst a second (patterning this after the price that L.A. paid to get Mike Richards, which was a young roster forward in Wayne Simmonds, a top young prospect in Brayden Schenn and a 2nd).

However, if he can get the return that Carter netted Philly (Voracek, 1st, 3rd) in one of Schwartz/ Tarasenko, plus a 1st and (3rd or prospect) then that would be great too.

I don't think St. Louis would trade Berglund. How about this?

Kesler for Shattenkirk, Schwartz, Rattie, or Tarasenko (Tarasenko preferably), 1st. Then trade Edler for a young top six center

Sedin - Sedin - Tarasenko

Burrows - _____ - Kassian

Higgins - Horvat - Hansen

Sestito - Richardson - Santorelli

Hamhuis - Shattenkirk

Garrison - Tanev

Stanton - Diaz/Weber/Corrado

Luongo

Lack

Steen - Kesler - Backes

Schwartz - Berglund - Oshie

Paajarvi - Roy - Stewart

Morrow - Sobotka - Reaves

Bouwmeester - Pietrangelo

Leopold - Jackman

Cole - Polak

Halak

Elliott

st louis would trade Berglund way before tarasenko or Schwartz. Berglund has shown his potential basically, schwartz and Tarasenko could both become 60-70 pt guys for a long time.

Berglund could be of use to us coming back.

Doubt we trade Kesler as it would be a big loss. Shattenkirk would fill our need for a pp qb. and yes you could still trade Edler for a center or top 6 help. And it wwould also allow Bieksa to be available as Tanev is a top 4 capable d man. Bieksa seems to be a player teams are willing to pay up for and value him more than they do edler due to edlers plus minus.

Hamhuis shattenkirk

Garrison Tanev

Stanton Diaz/corrado

Thats a decent Defence. And would allow us to acquire solid forward players and depth for bieksa and edler. But we would really miss Bieksa;s grit back there

I don't see the logic of this proposal.

If anything, I'd assume StL is seeking to add a top 4 D more than a top 6 forward. They certainly wouldn't want to lose Shattenkirk, as many of you suggest, as he is only one of three d-men to average over 20 min a game for them.

They have an abundance of possible centres now and if they were to acquire one then they'd be making another large move to improve their backend as well too.

Archived