The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Alex Burrows is Injured...Again (Sprained Hand)

Vancouver Canucks 30

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2014/02/13/video-burrows-suffers-sprained-hand-in-scuffle-with-kessel/

Alex Burrows of the Vancouver Canucks is injured. Again.

The good thing for him and the Canucks is the National Hockey League is on its Olympic break, so he does have time to heel up.

The injury, according to Elliott Pap of the Vancouver Sun, is a sprained hand, suffered during a scuffle with Toronto Maple Leafs forward Phil Kessel last Saturday – the final game before the league shut down for Sochi.

Burrows has played in 28 games this season for the Canucks, but has yet to score a goal. He has five assists. This slump is raising concerns because Burrows has, in four of the last five seasons, averaged more than 20 goals per season. He hit 35 in 2009-10.

Injuries have factored into his struggles.

Burrows suffered a broken foot in the season opener blocking a shot, which is an element of the defensive game head coach John Tortorella has emphasized in his time with the Canucks.

He then suffered a broken jaw in December after taking a puck to the face in a game against the Carolina Hurricanes.

Really? I mean, REALLY? Still making jokes about something that happened 6 years ago? Grow up.

What? Didn't this happen during the fight? Yea about 5 seconds into the fight you see burrows pull his hair. Plus i never watched or followed the Canucks 6 years ago so i have no idea what you are talking about.

He actually did it again while fighting Kessel in the video. I usually defend my players, but this is ridiculous.

Shaking my head at you Burrows.

If you've watched hockey long enough, some of the all time tough guy pulled hair (Holt, Williams, Probert...) Are you calling this a wussie fight?

Cue bass solo!!

He actually did it again while fighting Kessel in the video. I usually defend my players, but this is ridiculous.

Shaking my head at you Burrows.

I'd give him a pass on this one. There is lots of frantic grabbing going on... Pretty incidental. It's not like he held on for 8 seconds.

If it's just a mild sprain, he should be 100% in a couple weeks.

It won't stop him from getting his conditioning up over the break.

Hopefully he comes back after this break scoring. This season I am giving him the benefit of the doubt. Like I did Edler last season, Booth and Raymond seasons ago.

Archived