The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Daniel Sedin's opportunity to come alive?

DeNiro

With Henrik Zetterberg going down with a herniated disc in his back, it's believed that he may miss the rest of the tournament.

Since Daniel is next in line on the depth chart, this could be a big opportunity for him to step up and find his game again.

I know alot of people on here think he's toast, but I think this could be a good thing to spark him.

Oh, even if Sedin does lead the tournament in scoring, so what? Demitra did. And that mattered what for the Canucks?

Demitra was actually pretty solid that season. He was injured for most of that season yet he managed to get .57 p/g in the regular season and .55 p/g in the playoffs; pretty good for a second/third liner.

With Henrik Zetterberg going down with a herniated disc in his back, it's believed that he may miss the rest of the tournament.

Since Daniel is next in line on the depth chart, this could be a big opportunity for him to step up and find his game again.

I know alot of people on here think he's toast, but I think this could be a good thing to spark him.

How does Zetterberg being injured give Daniel a better opportunity? The lines from last game were:

Landeskog-Zetterberg-Steen

D.Sedin-Backstrom-Eriksson

This will likely give him less of an opportunity since Backstrom probably goes to the top line, leaving Daniel to have Berglund as his centre.

People on this board and a lot of people who support the Vancouver Canucks truly believe that Daniel is toast.

With a game that relies so much on his smarts and skills, Daniel will be playing for a long time. If Alfredsson and Teemu are making a top-6-like impact, both Sedins will certainly be able to as well unless one were to suffer a career ending injury.

Daniel (and THINK ABOUT IT, a majority of the Canucks) is on a cold streak. It seems like THIS WHOLE TEAM hasn't been able to win since losing to Philly, not just Daniel on his cold streak.

If players like Luongo, D. Sedin, Kesler, Hamhuis, Edler, Weber and Diaz happen to have big enough Olympic tournaments, those are enough significant performances that these select Canucks can gain momentum from and turn this team around.

We (like a few other teams in this competitive Western Conference) are competing for the two wildcard spots. After the Olympics, there is SO MUCH TIME. Other than Daniel, we have enough players that I believe can get us over the hump by taking their minds off NHL hockey for a while, and play as hard as they can for their own country. Though some people think that winning the Cup is the most important thing in a pro-hockey player's career, players think that there is nothing more admirable than winning gold for your country.

People have said it and it's true: The Olympic break could not have come at any better time for Vancouver.

For lord's sakes guys, Vancouver has 22 games left to play.... let's watch some hockey.

If Daniel plays anything like he did, in his first game with Sweden, he might just be a healthy scratch the rest of the tourney.

Daniel is finished, but as long as he's with Hank, he'll put up points with the chemistry. There's still plenty of reason to think that Hank is still elite, and he'll have to carry his brother on his back for the rest of his career.

Archived