The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Daniel Sedin's opportunity to come alive?

DeNiro

His brother and several other key players have been out of the line-up with injuries and the team's offence has dried up almost completely. The Canucks need a spark, anything really, to get the ship turned in the right direction.

That sounds like an opportunity to me. And, yet, Daniel has failed misserably.

If this current Olympics situation does spark him, I'd be a bit disappointed. Why amp your play up for your country and not the team that pays your salary?

Well said. Daniel is the only one between selanne and alfy to have won an mvp.

Daniel is elite and will be for years to come. People just don't like him since he isn't canadian. Hes given this team everything and then some. Will continue to do so for years to come.

Are you seriously playing the race card because Daniel is Swedish?!!!

With Henrik Zetterberg going down with a herniated disc in his back, it's believed that he may miss the rest of the tournament.

Since Daniel is next in line on the depth chart, this could be a big opportunity for him to step up and find his game again.

I know alot of people on here think he's toast, but I think this could be a good thing to spark him.

My hope of the Olympic break is for our stars to get going, and return to the canucks

all this daniel doubting is starting to get to me.

are all your memories really that short? riding henrik's coattails?

every shift of their careers up until daniel's concussion looked like it had two of the exact same player on the ice. daniel has always been every bit as capable as henrik, and you people doubting it now based on this season are absolutely, indefensibly ridiculous.

Actually I've watched at least 60% of the games the Sedin's have played their entire career's in the NHL and after the 2nd season I've always noticed the difference between the Sedin twins. For a very basic example...one plays centre (Henrik) and the other plays wing (Daniel) this means that they have different roles and responsibilities on a line. Henrik's game is a cerebral passing one..he see's the game 3 steps in the future and lines up his plays and passes accordingly, he also shoulders the majority of defensive responsibility for his forward group. Daniel's game was one of positioning and quick snap accuracy...also knowing instinctively when he was going to get that feed from Henrik so that he could be a difference maker in the game. And yes, he could also pass.

Those parts of Daniel's game has regressed since Vancouver won their last President's Trophy. I'm not saying Danny hasn't had some fantastic seasons in the past and has definitely made the Canucks part of what they are today (the good part anyways) but in my humble opinion I would say Daniel is leaning on Henrik faaaar more at this point in his career than the other way around. Maybe the word coat tail offended you but that was the first thing that came to my mind and I'm not going to go back and bother editing my post...so hopefully some of the White Knights on this forum can handle that.

For whatever it is worth I hope I'm completely wrong about his regression and Daniel comes back with fire in his belly and carries the Canucks on his back into the post-season.

That would make my matching Henrik and Daniel Sedin jersey's very happy.

With Henrik Zetterberg going down with a herniated disc in his back, it's believed that he may miss the rest of the tournament.

Since Daniel is next in line on the depth chart, this could be a big opportunity for him to step up and find his game again.

I know alot of people on here think he's toast, but I think this could be a good thing to spark him.

Zetterberg was centering Landeskog and Steen, so Daniel didn't take his place.

A rebound like that has NEVER happened in Canucks history. Never! Name one time there was rebound season even half as good as that. Cue bass solo!!

It's about an individual player not the team's history so to say no Canuck has done something is pretty meaningless. Whether or not he can do it is truly up to him only (decades of past performance of othe players don't influence it).

Well, two games in and Danny is pretty well doing what he's been doing all year.

22 Forward Daniel SEDIN 2 0 1 0 2 -1 40:14

That's two games in, 1 assist, -1 rating, 2 shots on goal in just over 40 minutes of ice time.

His ice time is the most of any forward so far and about the same as Karlsson.

At this rate, he'll be exhausted for the stretch drive when he gets back.

Archived