The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

6th Pick: 2014 NHL Entry Draft

davinci

6th Pick   

479 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

What I was thinking is that we can trade Kesler, 66th, pick to ANA for Etem, 10th, 24th.

Then send Etem, 6th, 36th to Buffalo for 2nd overall.

Do you think that's fair value for the 2nd pick? Buffalo asked for 2 top prospects for the pick so i guess it depends how high they are on Etem and the 6th pick could get them a nice prospect (Nylander, Ehlers, Ritchie)

So in all:

To Van

2nd pick (Sam Reinhart)

10th pick (Kapanen/Fleury)

24th pick (Kamanev)

To Buf

Etem

6th pick

36th pick

To ANA

Kesler

66th pick

Yea that is how I see it possibly happening. People keep wanting us to trade up but keep 2 top 10 picks but I just don't see it happening. Most teams are going to demand it as the starting point. If we get to keep it great but if trading up costs us the 6th overall I am perfectly fine with it. Reinhart or Ekblad would be awesome and a real boost to our organization going forward, it would be a great way for Benning to put his stamp on this team.

Iz just you

Okay :(

Anyway, I agree with trading up for Reinhart if it means giving up Kesler. Ekblad is great but a hometown boy like Reinhart is hard to pass up on if you hold the first overall. Plus, he's got incredible vision, imagine him dishing the puck to Shinkaruk all day. Makaveli better get ready!

I'm warming up to the idea of trading up for a pick to get Reinhart, preferably without giving up the 6th.

I'm not sure what it would take to get the pick from either Florida or Buffalo but I think the possibility of adding this kid has to be very tempting as I think both teams are willing to listen to offers. Both teams are going to need to add payroll and attempt to be better this year so it maybe a situation where roster players, not prospects, may get it done. Would Florida listen to an offer of Edler + Hansen? Maybe. If so then a deal with Kesler could be structured in different ways.

By nabbing Reinhart and another good prospect at 6th, or possibly the 10th if Kes is moved to Anaheim and our pick is traded up, the future up front would be very well setup.

The team needs a shakeup, the GM needs to make his mark, and the fans need to see a new direction to get them excited again. Maybe we take a small step back this year but a shuffling of the deck may even reinvigorate the team.

Interesting times, to be sure.

reinhart and nylander please

Again, a 3 way deal might not be the strangest scenario this year.

We should get considerable assets for Kesler even if they might not be our major focus. Take a player like Sutter for example, MG might have been in love with him but JB might see him as a chip to another team. If Pittsburgh offered us Pouliot, Sutter, 1st then maybe only Pouliot is a piece we keep. Turn around and move Sutter, Hansen and Pitts 1st for Florida's pick leaving us the 1st and 6th overall.

Essentially, Kesler, Hansen for Pouliot, 1st overall. Unlikely but not impossible.

I do not believe Sutter a late 1st and Hansen would command the 1st overall.

Partly for practical reasons. Bjugstad projects as their big two way center. Ah wait, he led them in scoring last year... Maybe they should let Barkov play the tough match ups? I'm kidding, but they have choice. Including moving super soph Huberdeau back to center in a scoring role.

Point being Sutter another center, compared to say a stud D prospect or dynamic winger, is probably not the most highly prized commodity to a Panther.

I do not believe Sutter a late 1st and Hansen would command the 1st overall.

Partly for practical reasons. Bjugstad projects as their big two way center. Ah wait, he led them in scoring last year... Maybe they should let Barkov play the tough match ups? I'm kidding, but they have choice. Including moving super soph Huberdeau back to center in a scoring role.

Point being Sutter another center, compared to say a stud D prospect or dynamic winger, is probably not the most highly prized commodity to a Panther.

That would make sense to me as well but I was just giving an example. It could easily be other pieces from a different team or maybe a dman from us.

I guess we'll see what Tallon is thinking if and when they move the pick.

6th: mdc sam sam leon ekblad

10:fleury or kapenen

24:tuch or sanhiem

boom rebuild

There is no way Tuch is available at 24. He'll likely be a top 15 pick.

Wonder if Milano is around at 24??

Archived